How long till the hounders come back ?

by Clambake 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Clambake
    Clambake

After having a baby ?

We just had an elder drop by and invite my wife to the KH with a 21 day old baby.

I thought it was kind of classless.

• Clambake
    Clambake

So no one has ever had some childless weirdo show up at your door on Saturday morning wondering if you like to come on in field service after getting 45 mins sleep all night ??

An elder hinting to you how you need to pick it up ?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

We have all been hounded by elders I'm sure.

Here is what I would have said ( well, in a dream world where I actually could come up with it immediately, not thirty minutes after he left.).

"Thank you so much brother clueless, your concern for my wife and I and how we are handling the demands of a newborn is deeply touching. It was so kind of you to offer to babysit while my wife and I get some much needed sleep, and I am sure we will enjoy that casserole you brought. I know you totally understand that meetings and field service are not possible right now since we are so sleep deprived and exhausted that showers have become optional. And we will take up your kind offer to come over and help clean the house next Saturday. It's so nice to be part of Jehovah's loving organization and feel the loving concern of the elders! I am sure you won't mind showing yourself out. Don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good lord split ya!"

• millie210
    millie210

I love that response LisaRose.

LOVE it!

clambake, I didnt realize that your wife had the baby. Congratulations to you both!

• Clambake
    Clambake

The really bad part is it started with two elders wives “ Can we see the baby ? “ . Once they found out I wasn’t home , then the elders came in. My mother was there helping out and told me how it went down.

Too funny.

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Congratulations on your new baby!

People can be so clueless and rude when it comes to families with newborns.....especially JWs.

Prime example is how my mother-in-law turned up on our doorstep with the C.Os wife. I had just got my baby to sleep and (she was a terrible sleeper due to allergies which we found out later) she knocks on the door as it was locked, she would normally let herself in. The dog went mental and woke the baby up, I looked rough as and needed sleep and a shower, also had c section so recovering still. Anyway I had absolutely no clue who the woman was with her as C.O recently changed. They ended up coming in for awhile and I still didn't figure out who she was until just before leaving! I was just polite and just hoped she didn't realise. Dunno why I even let them in especially as I didn't know who the hell she was....must of been too tired to think.

Also they all think they have a right to hold your baby and pass it around and are offended when you say no! I'm so pleased my second baby has never set foot in kh and hopefully never will.

I sympathise with you guys. It's tough being new parents let alone having jw crap to put up with. These people have no clue!

Enjoy your new little one and stuff everyone else. Xx

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Congratulations!! Enjoy your baby time... Keep your child away from these people for as long as you can.

I would like to second this comment:

Also they all think they have a right to hold your baby and pass it around and are offended when you say no!

As a non-JW, I found them to be extremely RUDE and grabby with my baby.

"He will never get used to other people holding him..." I was scolded once. He was happy with me, and I was happy to hold him!

I once had to hunt a young woman down, to find where my crying baby was... she took him into the restroom. She really wanted a baby of her own, and stated, "My husband won't let me have one..." (ugh. Wonder why, psycho! Now give him back, please! He doesn't like you!!)

Again, SO glad we got out before we were even talking about baptism... and that my children have no recollection of going inside a KH.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Congrats Clambake, to you and your wife. Hope she can rely on you to tell the hounds to get lost.
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Clambake, congrats on your new little one. Don't you know that a "good" JW mom gives birth on Friday goes home on Saturday and lugs baby and heavily loaded diaper bag to the meeting Sunday?
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

These people are un-fricken-believable in the way they take liberties.

Personal-space-invaders is what they are, politely but firmly let them know you and your wife will do things when you are ready, and not before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit