It's hard being bisexual and being a jw

by Sally fields 27 Replies latest social relationships

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi Sally fields, welcome. Your sexuality is of concern to you alone and no one else's business. This is what civilised countries and their governments have decided and they defend your rights by law. Don't let this tin-pot religion tell you otherwise.

As regards their history, well did you know the members aren't allowed to look at older publications because they don't want anyone to know it? As regards prophecy, when I was at school in the seventies the paradise earth was coming before people who saw World War l were all dead! Their prophecy has failed, which means they don't speak for God. Check the beliefs, get the hell away from this cult.

• Searching
    Searching

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

I can relate to your feelings very well. I spent a very long time struggling with my sexuality and gender identity. It took me about five years to actually come to terms with who I am, it took another year to realize that God loves me, not just regardless of it, but because of it.

The WTS is vehement in its disapproval of the LGBTQ+ community. They aren't the only Christian denomination to have such narrow-minded views, however adding to the heap of other dangerous ideologies the Society comes along with, I would advise you to steer clear, even if your family are JW's, that doesn't mean that you have to be.

There is nothing wrong with your feelings, your sexuality nor does it conflict with a relationship with God should you choose to have one.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome, Sally.

Being in a cult will be hard full stop.

I guess you're trying to escape now that you know it's NOT 'the truth™'

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Welcome. I feel it's hard to be a JW's no matter what sexual preference you are. They have rules on top of rules when it comes to sex. Like all good cult's they love controlling you in any way they can. Just get out of the cult as soon as you can and don't be guilty for who you are. Take care. Still Totally ADD

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Hi Sally, and welcome;)

Your sexuality and feelings are absolutely normal. Christianity has it's roots in Judaism, which started as a desert tribe made up of men dominating women... how coincidental that their God just so happens to be ok with men marrying many women, invading other lands and forcibly taking their women, and death to anyone that would jeopardize that.

Your beliefs are also yours alone, and not to dictated to you and monitored by any organization. Please read up on JWFacts.com and learn the many things this religion has taught and tried to cover up. You'll be glad you did.

Don't you find it strange that the God of the bible would be ok with slavery, rape, genocide, infanticide, and testing imperfect humans but he's so bothered about who we fall in love with or who we have sex with? Humans that he created for no other purpose than to worship him?

I look forward to your future posts. Nobody on here will ever reject you for who you care for.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

^^^ What Pale Emperor said ^^^

And welcome to the forum, Sally.

• Jayk
    Jayk

You Pale emperor you're a marilyn manson fan?? I didn't understand what Judaism was till you explained it. Makes alot of sense. Crazy to think there is evidence of amazonian warrior women. I wonder how that worked out. No tribe can be made of just one sex. You need both.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sally, its hard being Bi in most religions, why because most old religions dont understand any human sexuality outside of the norm.

answer = stay away from religions

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It’s hard being sexual period when a JW, there’s so many hang ups even if your married the sex can be a problem.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Sexual preference aside, do you actually want to be a JW?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit