Is this really what happens?

by Theonlyoneleft 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• tiki
    tiki

Good manners are not part of the JW mindset. That is just plain rude and unnecessary.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

"If you ain't a jw you ain't much good" is the jw mentality! I'm ashamed to admit itbut that's exactly how i was "once upon a time, long, long ago!

just saying!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes, most JW's give only to "their own (other JW's)."

Our uber JW family could care less about anything outside of JW world. They do not care if you are going to school to achieve a degree, how your business or career is going or anything you have achieved. This is "chasing after the wind" in their opinion.

Now...if you are going off the Beth hell, become an Elder or MS or recently joined the pioneer ranks, they want to hear all about that. Oh yeah, if they need money or someone to help them move, they will then find what you do interesting. In other words, they will use you.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Often when Witnesses meet others they don't know they might ask what congregation you are from. It's just a Witness way of asking where are you from? The Witness world can be quite small and there is a chance he might know someone in your congregation or circuit. That forms a basis for conversation, you immediately have something in common.

He could have been asking are you one of us or one of them, but quite possibly he just didn't want to go into Witness-speak without knowing whether you believed or not. However, if that was the motive for his question I think he should have asked you and not your sister, but some people have no etiquette.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I remember one day, at our camping grounds, I was talking to a "brother" who didn't know I was fadding out and thus, recently inactive. He introduced me to his 30ish year old son and said: "He isn't a witness though." - in a real shameful voice. I felt sad for the son. I could tell that his dad made him feel unworthy due to his religious beliefs.

I deliberately said: "Doesn't have to be!" with a huge smile and started to talk with the son. I could tell the father was surprised by this. He probably put two and two together later when he inquired about me back at his hall.

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

Thank you for your comments. It’s so weird that people are not accepted by who they are but what they are. So a piece of meat until I can bring you in to my side... once there you are now a person.

Irritating as hell.

Carla.... I wonder what they would do if I would return next time with a cross and tell them that attended church.

Maybe I would be asked to leave , who knows?

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Not normal but then again a lot of jws are not. He obviously has issues.

• zeb
    zeb

So Jesus must have had it wrong talking to the tax collectors, street women, the common heard. He should have only been associating with the ... er...self righteous class..

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

This is sort of the reverse to that.

We were told of a person who moved into our housing estate and had a window cleaner come to do her windows. As he was putting out his ladders he banged his arm and came out with a few F**ks.

This woman was shocked and said "I didn't think Jehovah's Witnesses swore."

"I'm not a Jehovah's Witness," said the window cleaner.

"Really?" said the woman, "I was under the impression that you must be. In fact I thought virtually every window cleaner in the county was. Because all of the Jehovah's I have ever met clean windows when they are not out knocking doors."

True story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit