Is this really what happens?

by Theonlyoneleft 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

Hello guys,

long time no see. The other day I went out with my sister. We met a jw man that knew her, my sister said this is my sister and niece, they are visiting us for a bit. The man said hello and turned to my sister and asked “are they witnesses too?”

I didn’t take notice but later I started thinking... that’s the first thing you ask? Really really??!??!??

Not... how are you? You enjoying your time? Nice to meet you... I’m ... blah blah?

Do I have to be branded a witness so you can see if you are on home turf?

I took offence.. a little... but I want to know if this is something that is normal to happens or if I’m being a natural moaner.

Thanks in advance 🙂

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...are they witnesses too?

Do I have to be branded a witness so you can see if you are on home turf?

This jw man's comment, sadly, is common in the JW community. It just shows how shallow & small minded most JWs are!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What an ignorant arrogant prick

he must be .Maybe you should have replied ,and your obviously one of the brain dead and walked off.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Maybe he wanted to date you and was checking the waters.

• Giordano
    Giordano

A JW like this is like a Mason waiting for the hidden handshake that reveals a mutual belief.

It's a Society thing. A Mason or Odd Fellows thing......a group think that does not express interest in people who do not believe as they do.

it's what you believe not who you are that is important. A life time of being with people who are willing to align themselves with the JW construct.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Yep very common. by him asking he can view you with open Arms or disdain

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Mad isn’t it. Essentially asking “is she one of us or one of them?”

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Not the more usual where are you from, how long stay?

The unsaid question is why not in service, and his guilt for being caught "not on service"

• carla
    carla

Wear a cross, works like garlic to vampires. No need to say anything. Once they see a cross they won't even speak to you usually, no eye contact, nada... Works for me.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Yeah, he wants to be able to show love to one of his own. Otherwise it's a polite but superficial smile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit