If you were gay would you...

by Swan 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

In light of the recent threads on homosexuality, if you were gay would you let anyone on this site know?

Would you feel supported as a gay exJW or would you feel ridiculed?

Would you feel safe here? Or would you feel that revealing your sexual orientation would make you subject to attack.

Would you feel okay about talking about your lover or partner, since everyone else talks about their spouse? Or would you feel that would be perceived as "flaunting your lifestyle?"

Considering what the JWs put gay people through, would you feel that this site is accepting? tolerant? judgmental?

Do you think this site has a double standard when it comes to heterosexual couples as opposed to homosexual couples?

Just wondering.

Tammy

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I wouldn't reveal it unless asked. Some people are cool about it, but some have made shocklingly intolerant comments. Plus, I'm ultra-sensitive.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

I feel there are people here with alot of double standards to be honest, thank god there are also alot of people on this forum that has alot of common sence.

Would you feel okay about talking about your lover or partner, since everyone else talks about their spouse? Or would you feel that would be perceived as "flaunting your lifestyle?"

since I started posting I do feel this way, I feel thats what Im perceived as doing "flaunting my lifestyle" But what would I talk about if I didnt talk about what involves me directly ?

Considering what the JWs put gay people through, would you feel that this site is accepting? tolerant? judgmental?

I feel there is still a strong JW mindset with some people involving peoples sexuality.

Would you feel safe here? Or would you feel that revealing your sexual orientation would make you subject to attack.

If someone was attacked because of their sexual orientation I would not only defend that person but I would demand that Simon or another moderater does somthing about it imediately. Nobody should feel fearful on this forum.

monk3y

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

If I were gay, and open about it in my real life........( which I am sure I would be), I would be open about it here. I might get banned for telling someone off in some ugly words thou, if they attacked me about it.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I spill my gus all over the internet as it is, I'd tell that as well.

-

Dutch District Overbeer

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

LOL Viv, you and me both.........hehe.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Well, it's no secret now.

So, it's a done deal.

As for the feeling supported: yes and no. Some people are OK with it, and some people are not, that's just the way it is. I would hope over time, and many years away from WTBTS thinking and fundamentalist knee-jerk reactions, that people could react without any taintedness.

I feel comfortable here, and even the heated discussions have not been what I'd call (towards me) an attack.

As far as my own business, behind closed doors etc.: No ones business, period. I don't want to hear/read about anyone elses either. If I see a thread like that, I click BACK.

This site has given me more than anyone could ever know. Many people on here have been above and beyond kind to me. I have received phone calls, e-mails and supportive messages on the forum.

Yup: Simon's forum ROX!

Double-standard? No.

This forum is an ex-JW site, and thus one can pretty much expect the predictable to some degree, but for those that have broken away from the JW mindset, it's not so much double standard, but double existance of different types of people.

Double is too narrow a word. There are many types of people here.

Overall: a damn fine forum.

I'm still here: that says plenty doesn't it ?

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Rayzor, you are gay? Damn...., and here I was hoping ... wishing ... you ... me ..... hot tub ....

Dede

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hot tub...um who says I cannot join?

I'll bring one of my best straight Canuck buddies with me, and you two can make the bubbles boil.

I will simply pull the plug on the tub when the maple leaves, start sinking to the bottom.

I can watch. Be on the look out for ya! "OK, everybody, under the water....hold your breath!" Hehee!

You're such a cutie, but then again, Dutch folks have a very 'special' spot in Canucks' hearts n' minds.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Rayzor, its a date

-

Dutch District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit