JW Broadcasting - simply a platform for narcissists?

by eyeslice 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JWTV has done everyone an enormous favor, IMO. 😏

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I watched a video about the televangelist, They are rolling in wealth! So I am thinking about Ramapo! How will spending all that money and making videos increase the Org wealth? ( unless they are going to have it built with donations and free labor and sell it off to the "world church"---( or maybe it is being built as part of the world church---funny where my brain goes...that is because the building of 2 movie studios makes absolutely no sense to me.)

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

back to the published picture with the GB at top of earth-it was noted that Jesus was dressed in white to the right and slightly lower than the GB--I see an angel there, ( or I am missing something ) I actually see more than one angel...I thought these represented the angels in midheaven declaring the good news. ( So I really don't see Jesus at all.)

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I see an angel there, ( or I am missing something ) I actually see more than one angel...I thought these represented the angels in midheaven declaring the good news. ( So I really don't see Jesus at all.)

The photo having been out back so many years when I was not yet FedUp was commented on at some length by an uber-JW elder's wife who had the habit of knowing all there was to know about anything in WT land and letting everyone know she knew. I based my observation here about the whited robed one being Jesus on what I remembered of her comment back then that she prefaced with, "A person I know in the writing department said. . ."

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It's just governing body praise.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

FedUpJW....I think she got it wrong. We see 2 angels out front so to speak. I think they represent the angels describe at REV 14:

6And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people; 7and he said with a loud voice, “Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters.”

8And another angel, a second one, followed, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, she who has made all the nations drink of the wine of the passion of her immorality.”

Why isn't Jesus in the picture? found that answer?:

• This Is the Day of Salvation! (‎10 occurrences)
      • 10. To whom did Jehovah commit the ministry of reconciliation, and what have they done to carry it out?

10 Jehovah has committed the ministry of reconciliation to the anointed, so Paul could say: “We are therefore ambassadors substituting for Christ, as though God were making entreaty through us.////////// Jesus isn't in the pic because the GB are his substitute! (HUBRIS!) ( some of us know they worded 2 Cor 5:20 to support they are Christ's substitutes. It reads in NWT Therefore, we are ambassadors, substituting for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us. As SUBSTITUTES for Christ, we beg:"Become reconciled to God."

• w98 12/15 pp. 15-20 - The Watchtower—1998

• smiddy3
      smiddy3

I think some of you guys need glasses ?LOL ,because what I see in that picture is two beings sitting together ,one in white with the yellow glow surrounding his head is Jehovah and sitting next to him on his right hand is Jesus .

I completely agree with eyeslice post.

• Iown Mylife
      Iown Mylife

7. Dogs

8. Women

• enoughisenough
      enoughisenough

smiddy3, the jury isn't in on whether that is Jesus or not. I enlarged the pic on my computer and can't be definitive. I don't know if there is someone there or if it is part of the enlightened throne.--very obscure. If you are correct, Jesus should be on our left in the pic as they have Jehovah facing us---right? --because Jesus is supposed to be sitting at God's right hand.

• Hellothere
      Hellothere

I think JW broadcasting is the most funny thing watchtower has done the last hundred years. Morris, left and company used to irritate me every time they were on camera. But now they just amusing. If you think about it it's hilarious. Left with his faces. Morris angry slurring. Splane with he's weird look on things ( everything overlapping). Reminds me of Muppet show but with real people. It's just funny 😁 I'm kind of glad JWs getting some entertainment in their life as everything else is forbidden.

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit