gb, PLEASE, PLEASE UP THE ORGANIZATIONAL HARSHNESS IN 2018

by steve2 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

In the end if there is a God these trapped people will not be judged, and are free by the blood of Christ. Lets rather hope WT can come to the light and lets not wish more pain on its members.

This confuses the issue.

It is not about a wish to put people through more pain - but a wish that JW organization increases the burden and harshness so that those in pain wake up and take responsibility for their lives. A kind, more humane organization would make its inherent stupidity harder to detect. It remains deluded through and through.

And this is not about waiting on a mythical savior who is forever on the verge of coming - just like JW organization's insistence that the world is forever on the verge on ending.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Speaking for myself, it's only when shit got really painful within my congregation that it finally forced me to look at the whole org more critically. Truth is if things had stayed "nice" and "lovely" I'd still be there. I wish I could say it was my superior intellect (lol) that was the catalyst for re-examination and subsequent change but it wasn't it was pain, the cold hard reality of pain that started the process and then my intellect got on board.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STEVE:

Yes, the harsher they are the more people will wake up!

I am glad, though, about Witnesses who ignore the religion's idiotic stand against education and go out and get themselves educated so they can get a decent job. Yes, it is hypocritical of the religion to want them in bethel once they're educated but I'm glad for anybody who does this👍🏻. I feel sorry for anybody there who listened to the religion's insane talk and did not.

I am retired and so grateful I held onto MY job.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have seen no sign in the last decade that the High Control is being eased, sometimes they express things in a different way to make it appear more acceptable, but they have obviously decided that any loosening of control will open the floodgates for those wishing to leave.

So, will we see them tightening control ?

I think there is every chance we will, as they perceive, not just the leaching away of members, but the diminishing funds, they will wish to retain as many existing contributors as they can.

It will be a combination of more rigid control, especially of Information, and an even greater "squeezing of the pips till they squeak" to raise funds.

"Do as I say more closely, and pay up more" will be the clarion call from the plush Headquarters.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

LongHairGal: “Yes, the harsher they are the more people will wake up!”

I totally agree with LongHairGal and others who commented on this subject. There is no sign of kindness or tolerance in the near future. The doubling down is on the upswing, the micromanaging and controlling of many aspects of people’s lives is relentless.

Repeatedly JW’s are warned about, remaining loyal…be obedient…listen intently to the “faithful slave” in all that they say.

2013 November 15, Watchtower Page 20 Par 17.

English Simplified Edition

(3) At that time, the direction that you receive from Jehovah’s organization may seem strange or unusual. But all of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether we agree with them or not, because obeying these instructions will save our lives.

(4) If any are putting their trust in the education of this world, material things, or human organizations, they must change their way of thinking now. You must be ready to help any who may not be putting their complete trust in Jehovah.

English Study Edition

(3) At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

(4) Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking. The elders must stand ready to help any who may now be wavering in their faith.

I posted these comments before, the relentless demonizing of higher education and the constant reminders of shunning your family has gone beyond anyone’s personal comfort zone, families are truly sick of it.

It’s been said here before that the WT leaders presenting themselves monthly for everyone to see has backfired. The mystic is gone; individuals can clearly see their failings, poor speaking skills, and insincerity.

Extreme apathy in many congregations worldwide is the result! So I say to the GB bring on the lunacy, keep begging for money, lay off more of your most loyal followers (Bethelites, Special Pioneers).

It will only serve to be a catalyst for many, many more in their awakening process.

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

@steve2 and magnum,

I understand the dislikes, but when I am angry and feel hate, I am conflicted about directing it to my mom or the org. She is one that will follow them into the fire, and how can I hate her? I feel unable to do that. I'm out but shes in and I hope for ease in her suffering because I fear she would 'go down' with this hellish org.

Maybe you are right and its an effective way to free people, but I cant help getting sad and emotional about it.

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot
    And this is not about waiting on a mythical savior who is forever on the verge of coming - just like JW organization's insistence that the world is forever on the verge on ending.

@steve2

You imply that I say he is on the verge of coming to group me with JW's and somehow discredit my reasoning. This is fallacious, and funny. I just expressed my religious belief in Christ, which anybody who knows me knows comes and goes in the aftermath of leaving JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit