Sometimes I have expressed a longing for JW organization to tone down its rhetoric and become, well, nicer and more loving. I have not been alone in my hope.
Some posters have even said that if a wave of kindness washed over JW organization and, say, the shunning doctrine was modified (e.g., left up to the individual's conscience without fear of retribution from elders), they'd go back. I would never do that - but I so get where those posters are coming from.
But wait! If the organization toned down its rhetoric, wouldn't it be even harder for still-active JWs to wake up to the lunacy??
In a paradoxical way, we need JW organization to become even more rant-ridden, reactive and fantastical in its teachings.
We should be crying, Bring on the harshness, brothers! Please don't let up!
This is a beginning list of what we need:
- more JW org videos glorifying JW parents refusing to answer the phone call from their disfellowshipped children.
- more JW parents paraded on convention platforms telling the audience, "I've told my children that, while I love them, if they drop Jehovah, I will drop them."
- more exposure to Lett's lectures in which he points his fancy pointer at superficially impressive charts as he illogically weaves a web of arid nonsense around the 1914 overlapping generation
- the organization to become even more brazen in its kingdom hall grabs and guilt-trippings for money
- more Bethelites dumped - way more. Out on the street within days of being served notice, I say!
- more JWs who forgo education passed over for service advancement in the organization by those who have had the nerve to ignore warnings and have got college educations and trade certificates
- fewer and fewer magazine issues (I won't be satisfied until magazines are 4 pages in length)
- more and more JW kids baptized younger and younger - as this is usually the first step to waking up the kids
- Ditch the brag-filled, self-praising Yearbook...oh good: they've done that. Well done. Every little cut back helps.
Softly, softly, has never been the way of JW organization anyway. Think Rutherford 90-odd years ago and his booming sarcastic, hateful monologues.
So, again and again, I entreat you JW organization: DON"T let up the stupidty. Keep it coming thick and fast.
Yes, we know it hurts people something terrible - but the other side is hopeful: GB harshness wakes people up and, even if they do not leave immediately, once they've been burned by JW organization, they will never be the same "Yes" men or women ever again..
Bring on the harshness, brothers. By this all will know that you are indeed a cult.