w00 h00! I've been approved for free new hearing aids!!!

by Yizuman 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Took a while, but I got approved for 2 brand new hearing aids for FREE!!

The clinic across from the homeless shelter where I am staying told me today that my application for 2 brand new hearing aids got approved and I am to report to the clinic tomorrow morning at 10 AM to be fitted for new ear molds.

Still no luck on jobs!

I went to the Speedway gas station 6 weeks ago and came back 3 weeks later to check on the status of my application and someone lost it. So I gave another copy of my resume and the manager there told me to come back Wednesday for the interview which I did.

Then the manager calls in and states she won't be coming in. (????) so I had the interview done with the assistant manager instead.

Then I came back Sunday to check on the manager since I had not heard back from her and was told to come back the next day on Monday.

Then I come back Monday and the manager told me to come back Thursday (so I'm like, "what the heck??"). So I come back in Thursday and the manager tells me all the positions are all filled.

So I got blown off basically.

Anyway, I hope with my hearing aids so that it can help me hear some sounds (I'm deaf, but not STONE deaf) and hope it improves my chances of getting a job.

Wish me luck!

Yizuman

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

congrats! I am so happy for you!

can't Voc-Rehab help you with a job? My husband's sister is profoundly deaf and sometimes they offer her stuff thru Voc-rehab(but she is not interested in working--she just wants to smoke her welfare checks...) Have you tried a Center for Independent Living? (they call them CILs). I know you have probably exhausted all possibilities, sorry if I am being redundant here. good luck.

Ravyn

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I hope you don't take this as a personal criticism, because it isn't intended as such, but have you thought about where your "free" hearing aids came from?

Were they built using donated technology and donated parts by volunteers who worked for no wage, or are these "free" hearing aids commercial units for which someone was paid in return for the technology, parts and labor, and the bill was picked up by your friends and neighbors, TAXPAYERS.

It is important to realize that very few things are truly FREE, and it is beneficial to consider the real economics of the situation.

Dubs have a way of accepting the generousity of others and then negating it by declaring that JEHOVAH PROVIDED this and such. In eality, Jehovah has provided NOTHING since the wandering Israelites ate their manna - and that account has no historical evidence of having actually happened. Don't be like Dubs.

I conclusion, I just want to say that for whatever small part my tax dollars have contributed to your enjoyment of a good hearing aid, "You're welcome."

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Wow Yizman, that is great my hearing aid cost $1,800.00 and we just can't afford it right now. So seems you are pretty lucky

• Swan
    Swan

Great News Yizuman!

You were due for some.

I'm very happy for you.

Tammy

• Hamas
    Hamas
    Still no luck on jobs

Yeah, I know the feeling man.

I'm pleased that some things at least are going your way, my friend.

Good luck mate.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    I hope you don't take this as a personal criticism, because it isn't intended as such, but have you thought about where your "free" hearing aids came from?

Were they built using donated technology and donated parts by volunteers who worked for no wage, or are these "free" hearing aids commercial units for which someone was paid in return for the technology, parts and labor, and the bill was picked up by your friends and neighbors, TAXPAYERS.

It is important to realize that very few things are truly FREE, and it is beneficial to consider the real economics of the situation.

I conclusion, I just want to say that for whatever small part my tax dollars have contributed to your enjoyment of a good hearing aid, "You're welcome."

Where did you get this info from? Just curious tho.

Yiz

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Isn't that 'big' of you.

Congrats Yizuman... I'm happy for you, however you got them and whoever paid for them. What city, or area of the country do you live in?

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    congrats! I am so happy for you!

can't Voc-Rehab help you with a job? My husband's sister is profoundly deaf and sometimes they offer her stuff thru Voc-rehab(but she is not interested in working--she just wants to smoke her welfare checks...) Have you tried a Center for Independent Living? (they call them CILs). I know you have probably exhausted all possibilities, sorry if I am being redundant here. good luck.

Ravyn

I have and not heard back from them yet.... I don't think we have a CIL here, but I will ask about it through my deaf caseworker at Deaf Community Services.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Wow Yizman, that is great my hearing aid cost $1,800.00 and we just can't afford it right now. So seems you are pretty lucky

Thanks! They are very expensive! Even a used one would cost half as much. I'm just fortunant to get them and hope they will be a big boost for my job hunting. (crosses fingers) Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit