w00 h00! I've been approved for free new hearing aids!!!

by Yizuman 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Cool Yiz!!!! God knows we ALL need to get a freaking BREAK in our lives once in a while!! Hey...now we wont have to SHOUT at you any more LOL! (j/k)

WHAT??? WHATCHOO SAY????

The job market sucks all over Yizzzy...its not just you. Im soooo happy my husband and I have a business out of our home because I would NOT want to be out there applying for jobs in this market. All those years in the trades as a JW finally payed off for him, he does home inspections and will be getting his building contractors license in a couple months as well. However my teenaged son is starting to learn that even flipping burgers has become acceptable employment with so many out of work adults, and kids coming home from college seeking jobs too....the new kids on the block, the upstarting teems looking for summer work are on the bottom of the heap even bagging groceries at the Winn Dixie!

Sigh! Tell me about it. Actually it's our current Govenor is the one that screwed up Indiana's economy and everyone here knows it. Even the local news and newspapers blames him. No thanks to him. Sigh! Indiana has no money and going deep into debt. Yet again even combined with the US economy, it made things even worse.

Let us know when you get your new hearing aids!

D

I get them on July 8th next month, I just had my molds made today at the clinic. Now I need a haircut (blows hair out of face). Yizuman

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    SheilaM writes "Just so everyone knows that is 1800.00 per hearing aide. I am deaf in one ear."

Um, which side?

*Pulls out the bullhorn!"

Neal

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Ravyn writes:

I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus when I was 14 and it was figured at the time that I had had it since I was 2. I have been on Supplemental Security Income since January 1986. I have a $4000 wheelchair and a priceless seizure-trained companion dog. I get over $800 a month worth of prescriptions at no charge. I am on Medicaid, I have used Food Stamps and Welfare from time to time. I usually do not qualify for FS and Welfare since I have no children. I am totally supported by a system that I never paid into.

If I could work, I would not be making minimum wage at some fast food joint. I am highly intelligent and no one could ever call me lazy(I have 15 yrs of regular pioneering, with a wheelchair--to prove that!)

So, when I hear someone like Nathan making comments like they did about people who are disabled (not because of choice,) I say a little prayer(spell) that those people someday get first hand experience of what it is like to walk in a disabled person's shoes---or roll in a disabled person's chair. I certainly owe no one with the attitude of Nathan any gratitude. I am not a better person than Nathan and I don't pretend to be, but I am just as good. And I fought just as hard for what I have as anyone who is 'able' did--if not harder since I usually had to fight governments AND self-centered creeps--all with a physical body that is defective.

Lupus is a bummer, I read about that last summer on the web from a blogger. I was like WOW! That's so tough having it.

BUT, it won't change who you are on the inside if you desire to remain true to who you really are and what you want to be.

In any case! Here's a HUG!

And a KISS!

Neal

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

$1800 for ONE hearing aid???? Wow!!! Talk about milking the people!!!!

But, I assume that many people who need hearing aids are covered by insurance. So their out of pocket expenses is probably minimal.

Yiz probably does not have insurance since he's currently looking for work. But, why should he suffer ust because he's down on his luck at the present time?

I'm glad there are programs out there that supply people with hearing aids and other medical supplies to people who just can't afford them. You never know when you might have to take advantage of these programs.

In any case, I hope the Hearing Aids help you on your job search and when you finally land a job, Yiz.

El K

PS. Don't EVEN try to kiss ME!!!!!!!!

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    $1800 for ONE hearing aid???? Wow!!! Talk about milking the people!!!!

But, I assume that many people who need hearing aids are covered by insurance. So their out of pocket expenses is probably minimal.

From my personal experience, most insurance companies will not cover for hearing-aids. Not even for surgeries to install a Cochlear Implant (CI) because there's too many deaf and hard of hearing folks (HoH) among the population. At least not in Indiana that I know of. I could be wrong. I know I placed on my application for health insurance that I am deaf and they made me sign an agreement that I forfeit hearing-aids and surgery in order to be covered years ago.

I'm glad there are programs out there that supply people with hearing aids and other medical supplies to people who just can't afford them. You never know when you might have to take advantage of these programs.
    Yeah me too, just no way I can afford it, even at a minimum wage if I had worked.

In any case, I hope the Hearing Aids help you on your job search and when you finally land a job, Yiz.

Me too and thanks.

PS. Don't EVEN try to kiss ME!!!!!!!!
    But, but....would a hug do??? Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit