Drugs?

by be wise 38 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I tried drugs when I was a teenager, hey it was the 60's, drugs, sex and rock-n-roll and I was a kid too stoopid to know any better. I also drank and always got drunk, I hated puking. The first time I had a joint I loved the high and the fact that I didn't get sick, but it scared me because I loved it too much. Growing up with an alcoholic father, well lets just say I didn't want to be like him. I do remembering during the years I experimented with drugs and alcohol that I got a clear understanding why my Dad drank, it numbed me out, I was different I felt I had no problems except how to pay and plan for my next high.

enigma's story really touched me and I'm sure this is how it starts for many drug addicts:

I and my former girlfriend really enjoyed it for awhile that is until we got addicted (well even when I was addicted i really enjoyed it), that is the point where you use every day for a couple of weeks you stop and the next morning your body hurts, you have a runny nose, basic cold symptons, you feel like crap and a nice 40mg oxycontin or a bag of H will make all your real physical pain go away so you use. When you get to that point you are ***ked, as hard as you try to stop the physical pain is just too much, I'm not even mentioning the psyhcological cravings you get thats another story. Well my life and my relationship went to sh**. Luckly I still have my house and my car, but other than that I lost my business, my girlfreind and most of my possesions. I am glad I finnaly woke up and realized where my life was going. Well I don't do any drugs anymore (don't even drink) I just started a new business and everything is looking up. I started using vicodin, oxy's, stuff like that and in three years was doing heroin! So if you have a addictive personality at all I would advise staying away from all opiates. By the way my drug use did not have anything to do with being a dub, I have been out of the borg since I was 13-14yr old and I am 23 now. I was in a motorcycle accident 3 years ago and got prescribed painkillers and it went downhill from there.

I knew I had an addictive personallity I was born into it and so I chose to quit and to stay away from mind altering drugs and pretty much alcohol too. I'm high on life, I love living clean and sober it's the best way to go!

Kate

PS I'm really glad to hear you are off drugs enigma please stay clean and sober you sound like you have so much to offer it would be a shame to waste your life on drugs.

• yxl1
    yxl1

MJ is my drug of choice. Only because beer gives makes me fat.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

But then again, most people under the influence, view Canadians as eggs......don't they?

OK...I'm just being silly, but once again, Teenyuck (gotta love those folks in Ohio) got me laughing.

I have tried pot and hash. I am not a smoker and I did not enjoy either.

The other items listed throughout this thread: I have seen way too many people screwed up after taking too many hits of this/that and the other thing.

I'm afraid to take hallucinogenics. I'm nutty enough as it is, and I don't want to be speaking Klingon as a result of a bad trip. Phew!

Living in Canada, and sucking on maple leaves will make you more insane than you'll ever know. Beavertails aside, we Canucks pride ourselves on our ability to drink more muskat broth than any North American.

Start huffing caribou jerky, and tell me what effect it has upon you, or here's another: Bon Homme's snowballs. Doesn't last long in the heat, but worth a go on a cold day.

Teenyuck, sorry to read about dude. Canada is one big huge pharmacy, but the poutine is great!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Ditto what yxl1 said.

at one time or another I think I have tried everything mentioned here with the exception of herion. just tried and moved on.

Lisa

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Trauma:

The only thing I'm addicted to, is my girlfriend at the moment.

I am happy to hear that. Best of luck to you hon.

-

Dutch District Overbeer

• blondie
    blondie

Drugs, hmmmmm.

I grew up in an alcoholic home, so I rarely use the legal drug, alcohol. It doesn't go well with some of my meds either.

Well, I grew up in the 60's and 70's, the drug culture explosion. I saw kids high in school, and it did not improve their academic performance. Two years later I met one of the class officers, a shining star for the future. He could barely say his name after frying his brain on speed.

I helped a 15 year old classmate who almost OD'd on heroin get to the hospital. Her mom was off shooting up.

I have worked in a jail and juvenile detention center and seen up close and personal the daily and continuing effects of drug use.

I have gone to Al-Anon and ACOA meetings and met people whose lives were profoundly affected by drugs and alcohol.

I have gone to crash sites and see the results of driving while drunk or under the influence of other drugs. I have had to identify the bodies and help tell the families.

I watched as a police officer tried to talk a university student high on LSD off the roof of a 8 story building. Fortunately, he was successful that time.

I have held a sobbing EMT who could do nothing to save a young woman who fell off a balcony under the influence of MJ and alcohol.

Hmmm, drugs. I think I'll pass.

Blondie

• maximumflash
    maximumflash

I think my brain thinks twisted enough without any drugs.

Besides, I am simply high on life anyway.

• Valis
    Valis
    I used/experimented with cocaine, meth, LSD, psilocybin and marijuana (in my late 20s, when I was DFd

Don't you mean in the late 20's?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Hugs AND Drugs" class

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Nowadays, mainly beer and weed - in moderation. That was something I learned over the years! MJ can definitely sap your motivation, so I limit myself to the weekend bone or bowl(s). I took acid maybe twice, and mushrooms maybe 4 times, and mescaline twice (this was all more than 9 years ago). I must say, I rather enjoyed the mesc - but it made me talk INCESSANTLY! My friends were laughing, because I just couldn't shut up! Also, I never really hallucinated on the 'shrooms or the acid - but any objects that were yellow or green were really vivid. I had occasion to try cocaine a couple of times, but I much prefer being mellow to being wound up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit