Drugs?

by be wise 38 Replies latest jw friends

• be wise
    be wise

I think this is my first debatable topic.

For anyone who has experimented with recreational drugs or who knows about someone who has – How do you think they can change you for the better as well as for the worse?

I know a few ways in which they really changed me, I was very shy and never felt compfortable around people until I had my first experience and felt totally unhibited around a room full of people (talking in retrospect) and I never forgot what that felt like - it opened my mind and I learned to become much more confident. Also, I get on with women much better cos I can talk to them very personally without letting other stuff get in the way. I have closer female friends. One of the most genuinely loving people I've met is female, she told me she's bi-sexual, obviously because at the time I was not very worldly wise I did't really understand where she was coming from (I knew what a bi-sexual was in theory but not in mind). I've learnt so much positive stuff from her and she has made me a much better person for it, personally she would never touch drugs.

Then again I know a guy who got into drugs and he's in a complete mess and has been for a lot of his life.

• Simon
    Simon

I can't imagine taking drugs, certainly not mind altering ones.

My opinion is that drugs are bad and dangerous and cause more harm than good. I know they may do some good for some people.

• Valis
    Valis

I think it matter what drugs you are talking about and the method of their delivery...Hallucinogens are not toys,but can be used recreationally. You have to be more careful than even when you drink alchohol about driving, being is a safe place w/safe people, etc...I prefer the natural ones, like shrooms, mescaline, salvia, toad venom, peyote, and yes maryjane, which truth be told I should be eating and not smoking, better on the lungs that way, but one must have a vice or two...To me it really depends on what you want from the experince...If you take a look a some drugs like speed, cocaine, heroin, and other uppers and downers, people sometimes get more than they bargained for and become addicted. Their experince isn't happy for very long.. This doesn't happen with hallucinogens, because of the tollerance your body builds up to them...For instance if you took 8 grams of mushrooms you would have to double that dose the next day to get the same effect...you could see how this would be prohibitive as far as abusing them...The human race has been ingesting things for effect for thousands of years and I doubt there will be any less now or in the future. Just different things, and hopefully safer things than some people use and ubuse now or in the past. Here's a couple simple rules for you that I prefer to live by

Don't EVER use needles

Don't take prescription drugs for fun

Stay away from cocaine and methamphetamines

Be very wary of ANY designer drug

Go natural...much safer.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Simon
    Simon

I'm gonna stick with beer for now ...

It improves my dancing ability and helps me sing. People who don't drink enough may disagree but what do they know ?!

• heathen
    heathen

I gotta say alchohol is my favorite drug . Some people claim it is a stimulant and others claim a depressant but it can be a very dangerous substance to abuse and is probly the most lethal drug on the planet .There is nothing better than a couple of beers to relax and party with as far as I'm concerned .

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I'll go natural, mushrooms and MJ. Tho at the mom I am not taking any, cuz my mind tends to take me to dark places.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Yes, drinking can greatly improve your singing and dancing abilities,,,,,,,,, or at least YOU think it does.But when you are having a good time,,,,,,who cares what others think........lol.

My mom was addicted to prescription pain pills and it caused so much pain in our home,,,,,,,but I will be the first to reach for a pain pill if I need it. I used to have a great fear of drugs because I saw my mom turned to them for an escape out of life on a daily basis. Now I can see that some who do it for recreational use,,,,,,,,,,can do it just for that, and not use it as a tool to escape from life. Like Valis said the natural stuff is the way to go if you are going to do that. Too many dangers with recreational drugs like Ecstacy because you never know what you reaction to that may be and it could be just the one time you use it that it might kill ya.

I was offered a few times to try X and I declined out of fear of what could happen and I know that it , just with one use, can permantly alter your brain chemicals........and I don't need that kind of thing at all, My brain chemicals are screwed up enough. I don't know if the natural stuff does that too, but from what I have done , the natural stuff, it hasnt happened to me. I know that many say the next day after you use X you can have a really bad let down, and that scares me away from it.

I have not tried the hallucinogens,,,,,,,,,but I hear that they can open somethings up to you, and I might one day , in the right circumstances, around the right people try that. I don't know, still kind of scared of it,,,,,,,JMO..............actually I can't believe I have been this open about this topic. but what the hay.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

"This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs"

Anyone in the US remember that one?

My dad's brother was in college when the Vietnam war began. He dodged the draft and went to Canada and ended up living on the streets as a musician. He got involved with every imaginable drug.

When I saw him about 8 years later (the US gov allowed them back into the US without prosecution) at my dad's wedding, he was fried. Like those eggs.

He could not remember that my sister and I were his neices. He was hitting on my sister!! He was sober. He was (and still is) like Ozzy. It fried his brain. He cannot remember things, he sounds like an idiot and he is only in his mid-50's. It makes for good comedy in teen movies, but the reality is that being a brain fried adult is not fun. Nor is it a good way to build wealth. Just ask my uncle.

It is just not worth the risk.

• JH
    JH

I never took any drugs. I never smoked neither. This is quite remarquable for a person who liked to go out in bars where drugs were everywhere. I think that family education had alot to do with it.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Yes please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit