Drugs?

by be wise 38 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I'd have to say that ALL drugs are bad including alcohol. Expect for temporary highs I don't see any long terms benefits unless you have glaucoma or cancer .

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

Valis, could you please describe your experiences with mescaline and peyote? What are the effects while taking and the after effects the next day? Price and availability?

Thanks!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Me just me no additives

• Valis
    Valis

Shauna...mescaline is usually extracted from cacti, or synthesized...the after effects are mild...next day, assuming you haven't drank enough to have a hang over, its like waking up refreshed and maybe a little afterglow, but nothing like a major hangover...My last experience w/peyote was in the desert of South Texas....just like that...after good dreams and staring at the starts for long periods I woke up refreshed and clear headed happy and hungry. Availability..virtually impossible, unless you go fetch it yourself or go to Mexico...Mescaline isn't around much anymore...at least I havenn't seen in a good long while....People are more interested in X these days which is unfortunate, becuase many times it is cut with heroin or speed...which is what really kills people when they take too much, NOT MDMA. BTW, on a funny note, many of the drugs people take now for depression or other illnesses are MAOI inhibitors, much like MDMA, DMT, etc..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Descender
    Descender

I've done Mary J and shrooms, strangely enough when I was still a witness. I think I have a natural immunity from the effects of MJ because my dad used to do it, along with all the rest of the drugs in the world before I was born. I just couldn't understand what everyone saw in it, it didn't make me feel any different.

I don't do any dugs anymore, but during my last pot smoke blow out I bought $70 worth of it, which was a good amount of the stuff. I shared it with my girlfriend at the time ( also a witness ) who proceeded to get high about 15 minutes into the smoke, then she got really dizzy and fell asleep. I proceeded to stay up another 3 hours smoking. I smoked it all and barely felt anything, and I haven't done it again since.

As far as shrooms, they made me feel jittery and paranoid the first few times. After that I felt nothing from them at all. Other than those two, the only drug I think I've done is alcohol. When I was still a witness, my friends and I would go to the local mexican returaunt in town. We were all underage at the time, but they didn't seem to mind serving us drinks. So we went there almost every single night honing our alcohol tolerance skills, sometimes drinking two 44 ounce fishbowl margaritas with a shot of tequilla afterward to get us through the night so we could wake up the next morning to do some pioneering.

• JH
    JH

Once an elder told me that many elders and ministerial servants he knew in the congregation took drugs when they were younger, before being JW's. I guess that they must still feel like taking some once in a while...

That elder also hides certain music CD's and plays them when he's alone, not to offend any one in the congregation who might stop by his place...

• be wise
    be wise
    Simon, My opinion is that drugs are bad and dangerous and cause more harm than good. I know they may do some good for some people.

You could say paranoia is one adverse affect

Heathen, I gotta say alchohol is my favorite drug . Some people claim it is a stimulant and others claim a depressant but it can be a very dangerous substance to abuse and is probly the most lethal drug on the planet .There is nothing better than a couple of beers to relax and party with as far as I'm concerned .

I’ll second that any day of the week.

Actually, I was talking about ecstasy in particular. I’m not big into drugs but I like to now and again. I smoke stuff now and again but I would never touch hallucinogens with a barge pole. The fact is, more than now and again, and it isn’t much of an experience in the long run. I like my brain and I don’t want it to end up like a lot of people I know and them fried eggs above-teenyuck.

LyinEyes, if your fearful of taking anything then whatever you do, DON’T (I don’t get the impression you would, anyway ) or you could have a very, very bad experience. The comedown isn’t that bad. Well it all depends. Why are you taking? If you are taking because you’re down or as escapism from a bad situation then you’ll come crashing down if not you’ll be fine unless you go completely overboard.

Someone I know who was a player in the music business has had half of his stomach cut out with cancer due to his rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle – had a good time but is it worth it? He can trip at will apparently (Made me laugh but I think it’s true, you get lost just looking into his eyes) but he has also experienced a lot of his friends dying due to heroin addiction and he has talked about some of the more personal stuff to me - I feel very sad for him, definately not the way to go.

Sorry Hamas – none going here!

SheilaM, Me just me no additives

Btw SheilaM, do you drink or smoke?

Valis, what are methamphetamines exactly? I have a friend who’s more into drugs, he gets MDMA powder, is this safer?

I think the British governments stand on drugs and education is a joke but I think it's different in America. I was watching an American chat show on a drugs topic when they put it out to the audience - well, they knew a lot and knew what they were talking about. I think the British way of dealing with it is rediculas spin and then put your head in the sand - copying WTS tactics no doubt!

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Drugs? Sure! If you're responsible and KEEP THEM IN THEIR PLACE!

If you ever find yourself using money to buy your drug of choice that you should be using to pay a bill, then it's time to leave the drugs alone.

Mike.

• Valis
    Valis

MDMA powder huh? Hmmm....if it is anywhere near pure MDMA then good for you...it could still be cut, and if you are taking a lot to get off then be carefu, probably something elsel...could have baking soda or could have methamphetamines, which are speed/ice/crystal meth dear..bad nasty stuff...made from everything from photo processing chemicals to batteries, to sinus medicine, to the electrical transformers that sit atop telelphone poles...bad shit all round. Cheers..

I smoke stuff now and again but I would never touch hallucinogens with a barge pole

Um BTW....X is considered a hallucinogen...*LOL*

Bendrr is right...when it becomes a financial burden then you need to reconsider whether or not it is worth it...I have in my life spent paychecks at a time,only to regret it later....you just live and learn, hopefully more of the living and fewer of the hard lessons learned.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Aztec
    Aztec

I've tried a few. I've tried LSD a couple of times and other than making me very hyper it didn't do much. The most I ever tried was two hits. I did see gnomes waving at me from the lava lamp and, after laughing so hard that tears were rolling down my face, my friend unplugged the lamp because he said I was fixating. I tried shrooms once and hated it. All I remember was everything vibrating back and forth violently. I suppose it could have been worsened by the large amount of alchohol that preceded it. Marijuana I've always liked. I don't smoke it too often (maybe a couple of times a year) but I find that it always relaxes me in a much less harsh way than alchohol.

I have no interest in trying any others.

~Aztec

PS: Bendrr, your avatar...awesome! Way to go!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit