first timer...feelin like crap

by Boolean 25 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Boolean: soon as I saw that word, I wanted to do a 'search'

But seriously, not to make light of your situation.

I think you have probably noticed, you are definitely not alone in your feelings.

We've been there.

The thing is, you're so lucky, compared to when I left. 1983/84: NO internet, NO support groups, NO...anything post-JW, I was a freakin' mess.

When I see dynamic folks such as yourself arrive here, I am so thankful that the internet exists. It is indeed, the WTS Achilles heel.

Boolean, please feel free to express whatever it is that is concerning you. We will NOT shun you.

You're in good company, midst free-thinkers and minds that have broken away from cult-like conditioning.

No question/comment/concern from a newly exited JW is taken lightly, we ALL know how you feel.

Welcome to the Forum. You are among free thinkers here.

• Boolean
    Boolean

Holy Moly guys!!!!! I never thought that I'd get so much response, it must of been an omen of some sort. I say this because, you'll never guess what happened, I got my family back!!!!!!!

Yep its true, they want me to hang around them, but I told them the condition of no bible bashing and they're cool with it. I love them soooooooooo much, I still cant believe it. I dunno why they took my DF as such a great tragedy, maybe its because I have 2 other brothers who never got baptised or even became publishers, and I was there last chance.

Well anyway they've invited me over for dinner tommorow night, and I'll keep you posted on the details, cant wait. Its been 12 months since Ive last met with them in an normal manner.

PS, Many thanx to everyone for the loving supportive advice...shera,Brummie,Razorblade,Aztec, Jayson and everyone else....thankyou again.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome aboard Boolean... I know just what your feeling -I am Granny on board 76 yrs old -Worked for the "lie" 25 years ( little over 22 baptized) When they ousted me-I wanted to kill myself ( because I didnt believe Jesus came invisably in 1914---) I believed EVERYTHING else !!! ( well when they said he didnt have a beard -I wasnt going to get baptized- but when they got new light & said He DID have a beard I did get "dunked") Not only in water in the stuff you spoke about S..T
    But hang in there brother- I was ousted in 1987- we have a wonderful support group- I know it is hard-- But you will do fine- I agree that if I was you I would write to those you love in the Borg & tell them you lied to get out of the Organization. Explain that Jehovah knows all-- He knows what you did or didnt do....Come back often---- ((((HUG)))
    Grace( or to the Borg "undeserved kindness)

• Jesika
    Jesika

That's wonderful Boo!!!! Congrats and welcome to the board!!!!!

Tell us how it goes!!!

Jes

• figureheaduk
    figureheaduk

Hi Boolean, welcome aboard. I was a newcomer here once (although my reason for joining was totally different to yours), but the people here are very friendly! Even after a few months I'm still asking questions about the WT and it's beliefs and practices, and I haven't come across any negativity when it comes to answering "simple" questions.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Don't have much else to ass except to say howdy, and everythng does get better with time and knowledge. Welcome.

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit