Lost my job cause of the dubs!

by kelpie 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Swan
    Swan

Dear Kelpie,

So sorry to hear about this. It is not easy to go through. Don't take this personally and let it get you down. Often times this is a sign of a dysfunctional workplace.

I don't know about the laws down under, but in the U.S. this statement would get them into hot water with the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission:

I have spoken to them and they are not interested in keeping me on. They will pay for counselling tho... I have thought of taken them for unfair dismissal (they also made a comment that I was too young for the position I have been holding for over a year.) A lawyer has my details.

This is a stupid comment for an employer to make in America because it clearly violates 1. age discrimination laws and possibly 2. Americans with Disabilities Act (recognition of the need for counseling) and also possibly 3. religious discrimination laws.

Unfortunately what most employers do, rather than work with the employee to resolve the issue and get things back to normal, is to dismiss the worker and wash their hands of the problem. Often in America they do this on some other pretext, so that discrimination is hard to prove.

Hopefully your next employer will be a more progressive company.

Good luck!

Tammy

• obiwan
    obiwan

I agree with everyone else,talk to your employer and sue the blowhards! All of us here will be thinking about you,

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

TOO YOUNG?! And they kept you on for a year? I'm really glad to read you went to a lawyer about your former employeer and I hope something good comes out of that issue, now just let it go and in the meantime go to these interviews. As for the other two concerns please keep in mind 'this too shall pass'. I had a miscarriage in December and felt SO guilty even though everyone (and I mean everyone) kept telling me it wasn't my fault. Eventually the sadness passes and the guilt goes away, but you may never forget and when you are blessed with a child you'll appreciate that little one more than most people. Good luck job hunting - you'll find something perfect for you soon.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Oh, Kim, I'm so sorry for all you are going through! I'm glad you have a lawyer -- there HAS to be something that can be done. Even if you can't pursue legal action, perhaps your lawyer can at least throw a good scare into the elders for calling you at work. That is really cheeky of them.

Best of luck, my dear! Keep us posted.

Nina

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    I think you have grounds for litigation against the JWs, particularly if they were harassing you at your place of employment, and you lost your job because of it.

Yeah. The whole thing is stupid. They have no right to harass you at work like that. They don't own you. I would definately take legal action.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

(((((((Kelpi))))))) This stress is to much for you hun, keep your chin-up. I hope the infection is cleared up. I would also let your attorney no that the stress they have put you under. Best to you

• shamus
    shamus

That's a lot to have on your plate right now.... sorry I can't be much more help, other than to say that I hope that things start going up rather than down.

Take care.

• fairy
    fairy

((((((((((kelpie)))))))))))))

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

Oh Kim, I am so so sorry for your loss(es). Especially at such an emotionally turbulent time. If you still have my phone number please give me a call over the weekend. Even if I am online or out, leave a message and I will call you back. Huge hugs sweety, try stay strong,,,I know it will be so very hard, but many people are holding you up in spirit, and their prayers and love will give you that little extra you need. Draw deep from that well, it is deep and powerful, more than we ever dare imagine. We are all here for you.

• kelpie
    kelpie

Everybody... thanks again for your support..

OUTBACK.. god its good to see you again.. how is things??? where have you been......... I will give you a call on sunday if we don't end up going out......my best friend is down here for the week to do "wedding stuff"...

Keep in touch outback please. I sent you an email with my home number in it..

love kim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit