Lost my job cause of the dubs!

by kelpie 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• kelpie
    kelpie

These last two weeks have been just plain awful for me... 2 weeks I hope to never have to go through.

Firstly my mum disowns me, then I lose my baby and get an infection from the miscarriage. I go back to work after having 10 days off to find out I have lost my job.

One of the reasons..... my personal life was interferring in my work.. why you may ask??

because my mother rings me up at work to tell me that she is disowning me and of course I get all upset (as anyone would). My boss sends me home for the day.

Also, the elders where calling me at work and I was refusing to take their calls. Because of this, my work are not renewing my contract and have said I need counselling, which they are willing to pay for.... My contract ends on the 30th of June.. Less then 2 weeks away..

Rick is also waiting to see if he has been made redundant from his job as Telstra (telecommunications company) are cutting back 5 technicians in Canberra..... We will know in two weeks if we will have an income at all in this house.

We got a letter last friday in the mail saying that Rick's ex wife is now contesting us having joint custody so its off to court we go!!!

Can it get any worse for us at the moment..

sorry.. just needed to vent

love Kim

• kelpie
    kelpie

hmm this doesn't seem to be showing up on the active topic list... i will post a reply and see if that works.......

• larrynbabies
    larrynbabies

kelpi I am getting ready for church and dont have time but I will give you a much better reply when I get home.

I am sorry for your troubles however. I know this is of little comfort but when it rains it pours I will be back in a few hours

larrynbabies

PS hit your refresh button and you will see your posting and reply

• Scully
    Scully

kelpie

I think you have grounds for litigation against the JWs, particularly if they were harassing you at your place of employment, and you lost your job because of it.

Think about it.

Love, Scully

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I'm so sorry to hear this, kelpie. Holding you in my heart . . . .

• sf
    sf

{{{{{{ hugs for both }}}}}}

I agree with Scully. Seek legal advice asap.

sKally

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

(((((((((((((((((((Kelpie))))))))))))))))))) I am so sorry. Listen, you hold that head up! Things will get better and you never know, you might just end up with an even better job than the one you had.

I believe Scully is correct. I'd see what I could do legally if I were you.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Kelpie, maybe you could approach your employer and explain the situation to them - that the calls were not solicted on your part. Also, there may be something you can do legally, though I am sure that spending money on a lawyer is something you don't really want to do given your current job situation.

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

Oh, Kim. You have had a horrible time of it lately... I'm so sorry! Your mom had no right to call you at work about personal issues...neither did the elders! That makes me so furious.

You should talk to your employer. I would send notice to the elders that if they contact you at work again you will seek legal recourse. Tell your employer that you are being harassed and are seeking to stop it, there is no way they should be able to fire you for that!

I'm probably not making much sense this morning, I'm pretty out of it today but I just had to post and tell you I've been thinking about you ever since you lost your baby...and will keep sending love and healing thoughts your way...

hugs,

essie

www.ghostwriter.homestead.com

• ballistic
    ballistic

I don't know if this helps but life does tend to go in cycles of ups and downs. Just knowing that there is light at the end of the tunnel can help. I'm just about to loose my job because for the 2nd time in my life working for a major corporation they decided to move to where labour is cheaper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit