JWs mental health

by Hellothere 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Even if they had mental health professionals, which some here claim (but I have never seen that, neither at Selters nor at Warwick), those would be, like the rest of their workforce, also JWs. I know there are JW psychiatrists, the problem with that is you can’t truly be open, so you’re lying to the people supposed to help you. Beyond that, any admission of weakness or sin would result in a report going up to your elders.

Having implemented and performed the standardized psychometric tests, EVERY true believer like the ones at Bethel would be immediately diagnosed with DID and PTSD (frequent and interfamilial emotional trauma, dissociative amnesia, persistent negative ideas about self and the world, detachment from family and society) with dissociative behaviors because of the derealization and depersonalization that is required to be embedded at that level in the cult.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Any mental help from Watchtower would be: " pray More, Read all the publications , attend all the meetings, and field service. Forget Professional Help! We Know What's Good For is to Do More For Us!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"Any mental help from Watchtower would be: " pray More, Read all the publications , attend all the meetings, and field service. Forget Professional Help! "

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

But seriously, when it comes to mental health, when it comes to professional the Dublands will always warn of ''caveats''. Because doctors will question the Dubs about their daily routines(JWism) and really uncover the root of their depression.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" and really uncover the root of their depression."

My Therapist pretty soon got to the root of my suicidal depression, it was the Religion! nothing else, that won't surprise any of you, but as a just exited JW at the time I was surprised there wasn't at least one other reason, but she was right of course.

No tame JW Psychiatrist would ever identify the religion itself as the problem, hence a person like I was would probably top themselves, not having received proper help when they were at their lowest.

"Jehovah's loving organisation" ? It just isn't. If they provide a Psychiatrist it is so they can say they did all they can, its always about the $$$.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

if you think you have a mental health problem...just talk it over with your window cleaner.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Ahhh, just pray more, go in FS more and read more WT literature.

That's what every eldub is programmed to believe is the end all to peoples problems.

There was a wonderful youtube channel about this a few years ago, I forget his name, he talked about this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit