JWs mental health

by Hellothere 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Do they have any kind of mental health arrangements at bethel? I mean to help JWs with mental problems. Like a psychiatric. See so many people in congregations struggling with untreated mental problems. None of them ever visited a psychiatric. Think tradition in watchtower was read more bible if you have mental problems. But I wonder if in recent years they have installed arrangements too help JWs who are suffering with mental issues, at least at bethel. I suspect many weird GB talks, rules and articles written are result of having selected people with serious mental healthy problems directing the org

• mann377
    mann377

When I was at Bethel in the 70's there were several brothers that had some serious mental issues. They were given a ticket home. If the infirmary can't handle it ....you're gone!

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

When I was visiting the German branch Office in the late 80s I noticed they had a weekly schedule with visits of doctor, dentist and psychiatrist.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The crazy goes all the way to the top.

How can it not? That sort of thing’s inevitable when you’re convinced God whispers in your ear, and you’re surrounded solely by people who are never allowed to disagree with you.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""How can it not? That sort of thing’s inevitable when you’re convinced God whispers in your ear, and you’re surrounded solely by people who are never allowed to disagree with you.""

Once you've read books like Crisis on Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom,,,you make the disconnect between God and the organization and that there is NO possible way God is part of this organization. Your eyes will be opened and you feel free to do all the research you can to uncover REAL truth.

Just make the disconnect between God and ''this organization'', your eyes become truly opened God cannot be blessing this organization.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Pray more.. preach more... talk to your elders for counsel.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Governing Body praise. Governing Body praise more, more.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

And none of you aknowledged my info that mental aid was provided at the German bethel

• Mum
    Mum

Like most organizations, psychopaths are most likely to be the leaders. They are rarely interested in any of the problems of their fellow humans. We've all heard the "sage advice" set out by cyberjesus above.

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

There was a time when official policy was against seeing mental heath professionals or taking anti depressants or anything like that, at this time they were also against vaccines

slowly over last decades they have changed as GB members died off or 4 now have been kicked off the body

now they say take the anti depressants or other medication and take the vaccines in fact if you don’t take the vaccines then you can’t attend any theocratic schools

just says to me this is a human run organisation and it all depends on the opinions of whoever is in leadership at the time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit