Using your anger to make positive changes

by Lady Lee 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Lee, did you write the above? It's excellent! I particularly agree with:

4. Make a statement about your anger. Feelings of hurt, frustration, or fear may be underneath the anger. If you let it out, you'll get to its roots.

This is good advice. I've always found that naming a thing helps me to better understand it.

I also believe what Bickerchic said:

Anger turned inward turns to depression.

As I struggle out of the depression that I have experienced for about a decade now, I realize more and more how much of it is/was suppressed anger. I should have truthfully named the sorce of my anger long ago and done something about it but I didn't. Oh well. I guess we're never too old to learn.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Lee, did you write the above?

Yes

4. Make a statement about your anger. Feelings of hurt, frustration, or fear may be underneath the anger. If you let it out, you'll get to its roots.

This is good advice. I've always found that naming a thing helps me to better understand it.

I do too. Once I have a name for it the feeling seems to shrink in size and I can manage it better. Too often the unknown looks like a mountain. Having a name for it also gives me clues on how to deal with it.

I also believe what Bickerchic said:

Anger turned inward turns to depression.

As I struggle out of the depression that I have experienced for about a decade now, I realize more and more how much of it is/was suppressed anger. I should have truthfully named the sorce of my anger long ago and done something about it but I didn't. Oh well. I guess we're never too old to learn.

I find the same thing. Sometimes I would get depressed simply because I was so ineffective at protecting myself. I had to learn a whole new set of skills to speak out and stop the abuse
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well I have bit the bullet and submitted this piece to my writer's group for critiquing.

gulp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit