Dinner last night with our JW friends

by Mulan 25 Replies latest jw friends

• DIM
    DIM

sounds like a very nice dinner...wish some of my old friends weren't so brainwashed!

• rocketman
    rocketman

I have one jw friend (yep, just one, lol) who is kind of like the couple you mentioned Marilyn - we can chat about our misgivings, Ray Franz, etc. It's a shame we have to do it privately, like you and your hubby have to too with your friends.

Basically, it sounds like your friends are our kind of jws. They are thinking for themselves, questioning things, and not just accepting everything handed to them by the .Org.

I'm sure you'll keep us posted on this.

Btw, you don't look like you are "pushing 60".

• teejay
    teejay
    I told him we need to just have them come to our house so we can be more comfortable and talk into the night if we want to, and please let us get together more often than once a year.. He said this "I am so happy to hear that. I was afraid we had crossed the line last night and kept you too late, or talked about things you didn't want to talk about". He was so happy to talk to me again.

Nice experience, Mulan. Glad you shared it.

You realize, of course, that they really aren't JWs, don't you? I mean... not really.

And as for you being da'd the next time y'all meet up, based on what you reveal about them here, even if it's true I doubt it will have much affect on your friendship. Do you? Let us know what she says WHEN she reads Ray's book... cause we all know she will!

• jimbob
    jimbob

Hi Marilyn. That's great that they were asking questions. I'm sure you guys got them thinking. You know, I never got excited when I was in the borg and saw people coming in to the "troof"....but I get excited now when I hear that people are thinking for themselves and beginning to see things on their own. Hopefully they'll come around and keep talking with you guys. You and Dave are so easy to talk to.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Nice story, Mulan. These guys sound like "real friends", you are very lucky.

Mrs. Shakita

• minimus
    minimus

Now THAT was an encouraging experience!!! It seems that your friends are "in the truth" only on a technicality. I got a chance to talk to my brother tonight and he asked for a shepherding call to in effect give his opinion of their "shepherding". Meanwhile our families had dinner with my newly reinstated niece and her husband. I too, had a good evening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit