UPDATE on moving in with 4 guys

by Terry 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• under the radar
    under the radar

You are a fine writer, Terry. Have you ever thought about writing a humor column or blog?

Seriously, when you are waxing esoteric I sometimes get lost trying to follow your lofty pontifications. But when you are writing fiction or telling about the everyday events in your life, it's like having a conversation with a friend over burgers and iced tea. (That's a compliment, by the way.)

Your story about the young girl who lived across the street was a masterpiece. Very Stephen King-esque. Your accounts of your coffee shop adventures are always interesting and make me wish I could be a "fly on the wall" and hear it first hand. But these rooming house tales are priceless. Pure situation comedy material. (Think Carol Burnett, Mary Tyler Moore, and the like.)

You have a gift, my friend. I think you combine some of the best traits of Erma Bombeck, Art Buchwald, and Mike Royko. (That's also a compliment.) Your "Animal House" vignettes are great. Keep 'em coming. Maybe one day you can compile them into a book, or like I said, start a column. I think you'd have a following in no time.

Anyway, thanks for the laughs. What a great way to start my morning...

• Terry
    Terry

Under the Radar: Your "Animal House" vignettes are great. Keep 'em coming.

What could be more fertile territory for humor than living with so many guys around?

Thanks for the kind words.

• Terry
    Terry

Incidentally, for those of you late to arrive (to my life :) I did write an autobiographical account of

becoming a Jehovah's Witness, of fighting the Draft Board during the Vietnam war, of going to jail and prison, and the follow up after I was paroled.

It is called :

I WEPT BY THE RIVERS OF BABYLON: A Prisoner of Conscience During a Time of War

http://www.amazon.com/Wept-Rivers-Babylon-Prisoner-Conscience/dp/1492902063/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

It will be a fun chapter in your life. Enjoy as you reminisce of younger, vibrant times.

The stories will keep me hooked as you are a great story teller.

Glad you found a good setting.

SL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit