UPDATE on moving in with 4 guys

by Terry 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• cognac
    cognac
    Hahahahhahaha
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sounds like you'll have many more tell tale escapades to reveal .

Enjoy your stay nevertheless, the owner of the house sounds like he has his head

screwed on straight and will look after things.

Living with 20 somethings can be a challenge though, best to try and keep a subjective but friendly distance .

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hey terry--i hope i look as fit as you do when i'm 68.

a bit too late i think--i'm 68 in february.

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown
    Very funny!!
  • imdone
    imdone
    Once again, a great read, you bring your stories to life!..funny stuff...great pics as well!....
  • Terry
    Terry

To me, health and fitness are not what they might appear to be to others. Heredity has a lot to do with it.

The single worst blow to health and longevity as well as to stamina and energy is SMOKING.

I have never smoked anything. I never even tried to smoke.

When I was a kid I had very bad asthma. My parents (and most of society) smoked like chimneys all the time.

They smoked inside the house, inside the car, in movie theaters, in restaurants, in grocery stores, in elevators, in planes--you named it! I was always choking, coughing and gasping.

My parents told me: "It's ALL in your MIND."

So, the first chance I got to get away from all that I did. I went to prison as a JW and spent from 1967-1969 around inmates who smoked really nasty, cheap tobacco ALL the time!

So what?

So, I think I developed an immune system on overdrive!
    I hardly ever get sick.

I have had a jaw infection from a cracked tooth. But--that's an opportunistic invasion rather than a health failure. That was 3 years ago.

Long story short---I have a good genetic background which gets a chance to work since I never ruined it by being a smoker.

My good friend Quentin (in the photo) is 3 years younger than I am and he's been a smoker a long, long time. He has heart disease and so do his wife and daughter.

I hate staying indoors.

I have always been a long-walk kinda guy. I walk very fast.

I was a runner for several years in California; 6 miles a day.

Now I ride a bicycle every day.

That's just how I am. I'm not forcing myself to do it. It's how I'm "designed" by my DNA.

I have no special diet at all. I hate regimens, diets, self-discipline and all that. I also avoid PILLS, supplements, vitamins, health food and such.

Why?

I'm an idiot, I suppose :)

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

This story is a great movie, Steve Martin will play Terry.

Marina

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol
    Hilarious story Terry, fiction can't beat real life stories, you've proven this to be true! Hahahaha
  • imdone
    imdone

wow, that's something,even about being in jail..u def need to write ur own autobiography..those guys are lucky to have u as a roommate...great updates...u got us all hooked!!

• krejames
    krejames
    I enjoyed reading that, Terry. So funny about Marc and Richard. You've got a great attitude that will do you great in your house-sharing. Hope you have fun. I'm sure the other guys will love having you around. I'll look forward to hearing more stories! Take care :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit