The Top 10 Lies Happy Husbands Tell

by teejay 51 Replies latest social relationships

• teejay
    teejay
    I cannot describe my husband's compulsion to SAVE ALL THE STUFF _" I might use it some day!" -- Empress Waiting

Well, it's not your husband's fault that y'all don't know value when you see it (outside of selecting HIM as your lifelong mate, of course. )

• waiting
    waiting

Hey tj,

Yeah, I'm a packrat too..........but not NEARLY as bad as him. My first husband's grandfather was truly compulsive about saving everything. He was old, picked cotton when he was 5 to help his mother, and he valued everything. He used to fuss at me continually because I would get rid of "good stuff."

Remember when McDonald's used to use those styrofoam containers? He saved 'em all....stacked over 8 ft. high in his shed - several stacks, his reasoning? He could "save stuff" in 'em. Ever seen those cartoons where there's only a path through the junk? That was Siwill's workroom. Btw, a gifted machinist - wonderful tools, which were covered with junk after he retired.

My husband was just in awe the first time he wandered into Si's workroom. Utter awe.

Later on, when I was teasing about his growing junk, I said "O MY GOD......I've married Silwill!"

He was NOT amused by my comment.......btw, he rarely is.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit