The Top 10 Lies Happy Husbands Tell

by teejay 51 Replies latest social relationships

• waiting
    waiting

(((((((((((((danny, tj........and my 'swa)))))))))))))))))

Agree with Danny - it's fun to tease/laugh/throw trash at the other sex....particularily at men.

HEY ASLEIF!

I cannot describe my husband's compulsion to SAVE ALL THE STUFF _" I might use it some day!" I've come to the conclusion he hides it from me now. My low point was when I had to hide the very old rusty waffle iron (which hadn't worked in 2 yrs & I had gotten another one from the flea market) - well, I hid it under the trash in the trashbag.....the ONLY way to get it safely REALLY in the trash.

My kids have already told me that if we ever move...they refuse to help us. Rather hurt my feelings.

waiting

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Greetings Waiting,

***Agree with Danny - it's fun to tease/laugh/throw trash at the other sex....particularily at men.***

All my T has to do is look at me during any of the many comericials on television that seem to always portray the man of the household as a real dufus. We just start crackin up.

It's amazing just how many comercials really make us men look bad!!!!!!!!! damn.

Like you said better to laugh than cry.

Danny Dufus

• teejay
    teejay

>>>It's amazing just how many comercials really make us men look bad.

Reminds me of the sit-coms that make all parents look stupid. Both portrayals are just about as accurate.

• dan12y332
    dan12y332

Well it does sound's right to me.

I think i do it alot

• freein89
    freein89

related subject-this is husband management an upper level course-take notes. How to get your husband to install the new faucet, or whatever, this one really worked for me. 1. look cute, pink and fuzzy works best. Find me a man that can resist a pink fuzzy sweater. 2. Announce that you think he has been working too hard, smile sweetly. 3. Get him a beer, coffee whatever he likes to drink. 4. Give him a kiss on his cute little bald spot. 5. Smile sweetly-again. 6. Start getting out tools, even the ones you know have nothing to do with putting in a faucet, hammer, saw, screwdrivers, drill. 7. Sit on the floor with all the tools spread around you and start reading the directions-still smiling sweetly, also look excited about a new challenge. He will be able to take it for about 3 minutes and put the faucet in himself.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    My low point was when I had to hide the very old rusty waffle iron (which hadn't worked in 2 yrs & I had gotten another one from the flea market) - well, I hid it under the trash in the trashbag.....

SISTER!!! I hear you! I've done the same thing! The problem is, he looks thru the trash now!

He actually had a fit that I wanted to throw out a broken 20-year-old crock pot with no lid. He saved it somewhere.

I take things to goodwill and to the dumpster when he's at work. I bet I've taken (literally) 50 garbage bags of stuff to goodwill, and another 20 or so to the dumpster, and I'm not done yet.

• waiting
    waiting

Sister! Indeed!

lol - my husband doesn't mind if I take MY clothes to Goodwill, etc. But HIS? Even if those shirts are from the 60's, 2 sizes too small, faded, etc.............."I can use them to work around the house in." I have NEVER seen him wear any of them.

We had a fan in our store that finally quit working.....and it's old. He fixed it - said it was dying then. It died shortly thereafter. I told one of the guys "Take it out and put it IN the dumpster. Don't let T.. see it." Well, T saw it. I was *slightly* miffed to see it BESIDE the dumpster - said so. He moved it "somewhere."

But I'm reassured he'll never get rid of me, no matter how irritating I am.

waiting

• pamkw
    pamkw

And I thought it was only my crazy family that saves stuff. Lately my mom had to clean out her house and they took away truckloads of junk. All the sheds are still full though, and it is only a matter of time before the house fills up again. My sister and brother are jus as bad as their father (my stepfather). I thought it was just because they are all nuts. Now I see I am not so alone after all.

Pam

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I love these stories! It's really bad at our house since Neil and I are BOTH pack rats. But we're neat packrats. All of our "trash" is neatly tucked away in plastic storage bins with labels.

But we're getting better. It's a little easier now that I've discovered the Japanese minimalistic look is really easier to dust. I am more willing to toss things if they are collecting dust now. I just don't have the time or energy anymore to keep track of this stuff.

• qwerty
    qwerty

LOL

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Qwerty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit