Dubtown - its nearly the end of the month, remember to do your reports

by Dubtown 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoser
    hoser

I’ve learned as a PIMO with that my report needs to be high enough that the elders don’t hound me and low enough that the elders don’t hound me.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

When my grandmother died we had to remove some things at here home. An elder came into the room. Instead of condoleances, he took the opertunity to ask me "Please, don't forget to turn in your field service time".

G.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"You parents, do your best to package the gift of your children so that they will be useful to Jehovah and His organization."

That give me the creeps just hearing it.

I also got the creeps from the mother filling in the report for her son, making up the numbers so that he looked like he had return visits and video presentations to indicate "balanced" service.

"Reporting" is voluntary, but you can't get baptized until they have you reporting. If you stop reporting, they will harass you, but they cannot really do anything about it. Still, they brand you as "irregular" and then "inactive" and they say you are "not spiritual" and might even brand you as "bad association."

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I remember getting hammered about this too. I went thru a period where I was doing 6-10 hours/month and did not turn any time in because I was embarrased. I thought: if we are in end times, why am I only spending 6 hours in the 'life-saving' ministry? After I was counseled about this, I just started making stuff up but it was all good. The report was the only thing that mattered.

• Prester John
    Prester John

As a newbie to this site, could somebody please tell me what 'Pimo' means?

• hoser
    hoser

Physically in Mentally out

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

From there website:

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/how-many-jw-members/

How do you know how many are actively witnessing?

Each month, Witnesses report their preaching activity to their local congregation. This report is made voluntarily.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I believe in

1 Peter 3:4 but the inner person of the heart, the lasting beauty of a gentle and tranquil spirit, which is precious in God's sight.

The scriptures never say that any of the apostles kept a record oftheir day to day ministry.Just in some instances rough counts of people converted. Eg Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

Acts 4:4 But many of those who had heard the message believed; and the number of the men came to be about five thousand.

People who want to rule and weigh your spiritual worth ie placing themselves in God's seat are the ones who will tell you to give an account of things.

YOU LEGISLATE WHEN YOU WANT TO DICTATE !

ZING

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Consider this example and decide for yourself:

One brother gives three hours a month;and he also stops by to take some groceries over to 2/3 elderly/infirm people in the congregation weekly.He cuts their grass, fixes things around the house for them, maybe helps with telephone calls cleans the house etc, you get the idea. No on ein the congregation knows about this at all.

Another brother gives 51 hours each month , is a auxiliary pioneer; he never has time to stop by/visit/ do odd jobs for those same infirm /elderly people of the congregation since he si always busy getting his time in.

When the CO comes who do you think will be recommended to become a ministerial servant? Who do you think looks good via his field service reports?

In fact who do you think fits the bill of 1 Peter 3:4?? Who really is the spiritual man here?

Zing

• blondie
    blondie

Zing, how about the elder who auxiliary pioneers only during the CO's visit, and then the other 10 months only puts in 2 hours a month, and never has time to do those things you can't count time on. He rarely goes out with anyone (so no one, even the other elders can prove that he was out in field service) He can't do those other things because his work hours don't allow, he just hands it off to other elders or to MS. I wonder if Jesus could count time if he performed miracles only for non-Jews?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit