Dubtown - its nearly the end of the month, remember to do your reports

by Dubtown 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Who used to do the cartoons? I haven't seen any for a while

That is the one time I d I'll hear from the group leader just like clockwork once was told they made some up when I "forgot" so I stayed regular

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

The whole thing about reporting sickened me. It is because they are a business organisation that they set monthly targets.

I knew one sister who suffered from social anxiety and was hounded over her reports being so low. She was dragged out in the FS and elders worked with her to encourage her. In the end this personal attention and a couple of family issues caused her to leave the religion. It was a crying shame because she had gifts for helping older ones, even taking time off work to help them redecorate their home. But such true Christianity was not reportable so the elders ignored such good deeds.

I remember too my mother who was a long time pioneer in her younger days saying that if you didn't get your full hour allowance in (I think it was 120 hours a month in those days of the 1940s/1950s) then headquarters refused to send you your monthly cash allowance - which led to hardship and difficulty paying the rent in your accommodation.

It was a mind control really to force them to do the full amount of hours demanded by HQ, with no one taking into account such restrictions faced by all females such as heavy periods etc.

On the flip side we know of an elder who sits at a table covered in literature at the weekly town market for 8 or 9 hours on the Saturday (mostly ignored by shoppers so he'll read the papers sitting there) and count 5 weeks x 9 hours =45 hours, he then does another 5 hours door to door and qualifies as a regular auxiliary pioneer doing his 50 hours a month. As a result he gets used on convention programmes. The days of only knocking doors to aux. pio were hard going, I know because I did it!

These days its all make-believe. I reckon 90% of the reports submitted are works of fiction except for the old timers who are suffering guilt for not being good enough. I feel so so sad for them.

• blondie
    blondie

Lostinthe fog.

Business organization? That is what jw family said about Nathan Knorr, he changed the WTS into a business organization when he became president.

When my husband first started attending the service meeting, he leaned over to me and said, "it's just like a business meeting." As time went on and he became an MS and an elder, he said, "I know it is a business now for sure."

I came back from being inactive about the time the WTS ditched the required paying for publications, food, parking tickets etc. Not much cash coming in after, the WTS had to change its business model.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit