married young--in the cult--divorced ?

by stan livedeath 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

Both of us were PIMI and were married at 21 after starting to date at 17. We had our first kid in year 3 and the 2nd kid in year 8. We were married for 25 years. I woke up and became PIMO. We divorced and I became POMO. She is an extremist PIMI. Currently being shunned by my kids and parents. Now, I'm living a great life and very happy and hoping that they all wake up one day.

• ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle

Met at 15, both elders kids, married on a whim just before I was 19, he was 18. He got disfellowshipped while we were engaged so we went to the courthouse and got married before it was announced...such a scandal!!

It was also a massive mistake! He never came back and had numerous affairs and found out later had messed around with other "loose" witness girls before we wed. We divorced after 3.5 years. I married soon after to current husband, not jw while disfellowshipped. Still married with kids, pimo for family.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jws wont admit it but people who were practicing JWS and got married young (under 25) have had a high incidence of divorce.( 40% or greater)

Very similar to people outside of the religion.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

My wife and I married young also, "It was a teenage wedding and the old folks wished us well"! Anyway I was 19 she was just 18 by a few days. We were both PIMI and I was a 'golden boy' in our congregation. I was "appointed" and an elder at the tender age of 25. 10 years into our marriage and 2 kids later my wife decided to take a lover since our life was fu*cking boring. Anyway we stayed together and here we are 53 years later. Yes I'm still in love with her and she must love me too I think.

I'm out except for the occasional Sunday meeting and conventions but she's still in.

just saying!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Married to a regular pioneer. I was 20 she was 18. Fornicated like rabbits before we got married. First child died at five months of age and she went off the deep end. Jehovah had lovingly killed the child, just like David and Bathsheba to punish us, according to her. Divorced shortly after. I became PIMO. She went full on PIMI. Now my goal is to make people think by subtle comments and questions.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was just a few weeks off 21 when I got married, my wife was already 21, cradle Snatcher !

We are still together , nearly 50 years now, mind you, I have been trying to ask for a divorce for decades, but I can't get a word in edgeways !

We have had our problems, as in all long relationships, but really they have been very happy years, we have laughed our way through them , we both have a terrific sense of humour.

I think the one good thing the JW teaching did for us was that we both thought when we got married it was for Eternity, so we overcame any problems. I am glad we did, I love my lovely wife, and despite the joke above, I want to be with her for as long as I have breath.

• naomidangerlee
    naomidangerlee

Married a 29 yr old when I was 19. Of course we had sex before marriage but he felt guilty and I didn't.

Separated when I was 23, and divorced at 24 (13 month legal waiting period in Aus). No kids thank goodness, I did NOT want to have kids with him!

I left him shortly after I DA'd; I had been PIMO forever but any talk of physically leaving made him more PIMI than ever and it wasn't going to work. Not to mention there was no love to be lost.

Have never spoken to or seen him again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit