married young--in the cult--divorced ?

by stan livedeath 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

following on from Mrquik's thread...

who of us married at an early age to another j-dub ?

how long did the marriage last?

how did it end ?

in my case--i courted a young female born-in 3rd generation dub from my mid teens. her parents were strict dubs. her father would not give us permission to marry for several years. my reason to marry--? sex. i was gagging for it. we did engage in a lot of " fooling around" but never went the whole way.

did i love her ? i thought so at the time..but that soon passed.

we got married when i was 20..she was 19.

our first child came 3 years later. 2 more after armageddon never happened in '75. by then i was long out of the cult.

after our 3rd kid--i offered to have a vasectomy--but she wouldnt hear of it. in fact--she wouldnt even discuss birth control. it never dawned on me she was looking for a way out of the marriage.

i handed that to her--gift wrapped. i started an affaire with another "sister" i had fancied for years.

so my wife filed for divorce citing my adultery--and it was all over within a few weeks. 13 years of marriage and 3 kids later.

• william hahn
    william hahn

In my case I got married at 20 my wife was just 18. We stayed married for 20 years until she strayed and I woke up to the cult and left. Remarried a few years later to an ex jw who turned out to be a psycho and that lasted 5 and half years . Free now 🤞

• fulano
    fulano

I got maried af 26. Left fulltime service in 2000. 2003 divorce.

My brother, married at 23. Left the cult in 1999, 2002 divorce.

My sister, married at 21. Left the brother for another brother in 1998. Now divorced second time.

One happy family.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

We got married at 23. We committed fornication nonstop for like 4 months prior. Both put on public reproof.

2 kids in after being married 6 years.

We have been married 20 years and wish we wouldn't have had tubes tied so we cou look d have had more.

• Bigdummy
    Bigdummy

Wow, I haven’t posted on here for a long time. We met when both were 16. We

married at 18 . We’ve been married for almost 50 years. We were both born-ins.

She’s still in and I’m PIMO for the last several years. We talk about all the things

wrong with the borg but it doesn’t bother her and I get it off my chest and we go

on with our lives. I told her about the Brussels investigation and the branch office

raid there. Dosen’t affect her ties to the org one iota. She’s not swayed by anything

the .org does but we still love each other. I still like to read about all the crap the

borg gets into. Selling Kingdom Halls to other churches and still say they need

14,000 Kingdom Halls. I’ll stop here because I’m getting off subject. I’ll start

my own rant latter.

• Addison0998
    Addison0998

Just got married, we’re both 20, both pimo, we’re both more in love than when we were dating, I think we appreciate each other even more now. so hopefully it last the rest of our lives! I really believe we will :)

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I was 19 and my wife to be was 21. It has been 45 years married to each other enjoying life more now that we have been out or the cult for over 8 years. Never thought of being with anyone else. Just lucky I guess. Still Totally ADD

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

My husband and I were both 23 when we got married, We've been married for 25 years (September 2018), two children, and are still married. We left the Watchtower together 18 years ago, although even being raised in it, my husband was never mentally in, just went through the motions because that was what his parents wanted.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

My husband was 27 and I was just turning 19 when we married-- both active JWs. We had two kids (both out, but not interested in TTATT). Hubby faded when he was thirty. I stayed in until I was 52, nearly 9 years ago. Marriage hanging on by a thread.

• What Now?
    What Now?

Met when we were 15 and 17.

Married at 20 and 22.

3 kids and 14 years later ... managed to wake up together about 8 years ago, physically out (though not officially DF’d) for the past 6 years. We were lucky.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit