Hello everyone! I am new here and want to tell you about myself - my bio

by Hollywood20 31 Replies latest jw friends

• never a jw
    never a jw
    YOUR story was going so well until right before the end. You represent the reason I hate this evil organization that kills children in hospitals, shuns them and leads them to depression and even suicide, and in the best case, it steals their lives and dreams. You just galvanize my desire to see this organization come to an end. PM if you are interested in meeting with me. I live in Burbank but quite often go to your side of town (Cesar Chavez and 5 Fwy). Nothing to fear from me. Never been religious and dislike religion at this time more than ever...I can thank the Governing Body for these feelings.
  • under the radar
    under the radar

I completely agree with WingCommander. You may have to grovel a bit. Do it!

I was pressured from every side to give up my dreams and not pursue a career in aviation. I was older than you and more established, and maybe that made me more able to withstand the pressure and basically tell them to pound sand. But I am SO glad I did. You can, too.

PLEASE follow WingCommander's advice and give it another shot. If you don't, you'll never know what might have happened.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I was so hoping your experience would have ended with you leaving and following your dreams.

It's never too late to start a new normal outside this religion. Have enough love for yourself to live for you.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your very personal story. I wish I could just give you a hug!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I hope your mother appreciates the sacrifice you made for her. I am sorry you had to give up your dream, that is really, truly sad. If I had my life to live over I would have left the religion when I was 18 and not looked back, you have to live your own life.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Well, you've learned the truth about the truth at a young age, so congratulations, you're in a much better position than many on this board that have wasted decades before they realized the truth.

Also, I totally respect you for caring so much about your mother's feelings. The sad thing is that she is trauma-bonded with the religion. It's the thing that gave her solace when she was going through a very difficult time.

However, she made a bad decision. The people she trusted hurt you. Does she know this? Maybe she should be made aware.

Her reaction could go in any number of ways. She could be angry or she could disbelieve or it could entrench her further.

At any rate, why protect her from the knowledge of her own bad decision?

I think it is hurting you more than you know.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

To say I'm sorry would be an understatement.

The pressure to bend can be incredible so I can't blame you.

Just maintain your sanity by staying busy with hobbies or new found friends that don't have the same cult mentality.

• millie210
    millie210

Oh Hollywood.....your story is so touching. Makes my heart ache for you.

Just remember one very true saying...

Its easier to ask forgiveness than permission

go get that contract and then work on healing any hurt feelings.

And welcome, welcome, welcome to the forum!!!

• onightdivine
    onightdivine

My hugs for you, Hollywood.

I am so sorry to hear about what you've gone through and are going through right now. Like what Tenacious said, slowly surround yourself with people of similar interests so that you have space to breathe and be yourself.

• antes8080
    antes8080

Hollywood,

Thanks for sharing your story. One thing I would suggest is to contact Irwin Zalkin about your abuse, abuser never tend to have only one abuser. So maybe there was a history there. Even if he is dead. Second, Try to go back to the music industry. If you have the talent. People will give you a second chance. Again, welcome and hope to hear more from you. Good luck

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Wow, I feel for you. My experience is kind of opposite to yours. I was at rock bottom when I became a JW as an adult (but had childhood exposure and a JW mother).

I can say this. JW'S interfered in my getting the help I needed at a critical time. They sidetracked that for 2 decades. That's what they did to you. Your opportunity was there and they took it away.

You will have to recover and move on. You may still need professional counseling over the molestation issue as it seems you never dealt with that. As far as the career goes, you can get back in the game somehow, probably with much more difficulty. But you should at least consider that.

Thanks for sharing your story. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit