My report from the "trying my patience" DC

by nowwhat? 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Embedded in the Cleveland Ohio convention. Pre covid attendance was always 7k+ this year 4500.

37baptised mixed bag. Less then half were children.

As far as patience goes, it can certainly help you be a better person when dealing with others but needless to say, this having patience waiting for Jehovah is pure b.s.! Especially after they got everyone riled up in recent years that we are in the final part of the last of the last days and Armageddon is now imminent. What was interesting was the public discourse. It was about does Jehovah hear and act on our prayers. Nothing about this being the last days, how bad world conditions are. Yada yada yada. Not the usual public talk. Also the drama was about the brothers in Africa having to flee their home and country by listening to the direction from the branch. Jehovah saved them by sending them to a U.N. refugee camp!

• Reasonfirst
    Reasonfirst

Quote: ". Also the drama was about the brothers in Africa having to flee their home and country by listening to the direction from the branch. Jehovah saved them by sending them to a U.N. refugee camp!"

The camp is not named, but for sure B.O.Y.(bloody old yahweh) is sure moulding those African bros.

and ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53e-sdWviRc&t=34s

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Also the drama was about the brothers in Africa having to flee their home and country by listening to the direction from the branch. Jehovah saved them by sending them to a U.N. refugee camp!

So the UN comes in handy for some things, then?🤪

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It`s funny how Jehovah`s witnesses point to the Bible to say that the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked (Satan) one 1 John 5:19 , ,but when it comes to the crunch, it`s not Jehovah who comes to their rescue ,but Satans world who bails them out .

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy

Thanks for the report, Nowwhat.

The Amhest, MA Convention was mostly cong's from CT.

Pre-covid there would have been over 5k in attendance but this past weekend barely 3k showed up, even on Sunday.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Ps. They had roped off sections to make it look more crowded for any camera shots. Evidently the org is aware of half empty venues being posted.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

it`s not Jehovah who comes to their rescue ,but Satans world who bails them out .

For the sake of a dear older friend who is PIMI and pretty well confined to his home I took him to his Sunday meeting as he asked me to do for him. Between hands of online solitaire I noticed this little nugget of lunacy in the WT study. *** w23 May p. 10 par. 8 How Jehovah Answers Our Prayers ***
    If Jehovah were to solve mankind’s problems now, it could appear as if Satan’s rulership were having a measure of success.
    They really went on about that. No one could provide any explanation of why Jehovah solving problems would appear that it was Satan. Wouldn't God solve the problems and also provide proof that it was HE would did it?

At least I had the satisfaction of providing some companionship for my elderly friend, a meal at a restaurant, and a bit of relief from being stuck in his home 24/7 with ZERO visits from any of the big wheels or important ones in his congregation.

The lack of any genuine "love" shown by JW's tries my patience with those hypocrites!

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    If Jehovah were to solve mankind’s problems now, it could appear as if Satan’s rulership were having a measure of success. They really went on about that. No one could provide any explanation of why Jehovah solving problems would appear that it was Satan. Wouldn't God solve the problems and also provide proof that it was HE would did it?

Ever get the feeling the guys in the writing department have running bets, as in "who can get the most outrageously absurd, nonsensical, transparently stupid statement past the 'GB helpers' and actually into print?"

Somebody won a case of MacCallan by slipping that little nugget in there.

Let's see how well that logic works in other areas:

If a lifeguard were to save a drowning child, it could appear that lifeguards were not needed after all, since no one ever drowns.

If a football team's goalkeeper were to block his opponents scoring attempts, it could appear that goalkeepers were not needed since the other team wouldn't score.

Well done, anonymous WT writer!

The gauntlet is down - which one of you writers can top that over-the-top codswallop!

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I went to the conventions in Cleveland every year up until 2017. The attendance was always between 7k and 8k.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

" it`s not Jehovah who comes to their rescue ,but Satans world who bails them out ."

That's not the case.

Revelation says that the earth meaning the people come to the rescue of God's people.

Also Jehovah uses the nations for his purposes such as how he used Babylon and Roman armies to destroy Jerusalem and will use the nations to destroy false religion. Rev 17:17 For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought, yes, to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit