Inside Story Logo

by MrHappy 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1

MrHappy.....................do yourself a favor. Go to the top right portion of this page and type in the search section the word mason or masons. There will be dozens and dozens of posts that will come up on the subject. It should keep you busy for a few weeks and you may even learn something constructive.

• sir82
    sir82

Don't know much about the symbolism of the logo....

...but I do know that the "host" just exudes hypocritical false sincerity. So thick you could slice it with a dull butterknife.

• Moster
  • MrHappy
    MrHappy

Thank you Hanged Man for your comments as you shared something very insightful.

I appreciate reading all the comments even the sarcastic ones from people who may have left the organisation but still have not left their sanctimonious know-it-all attitudes behind toward other peoples questions and comments. Maybe some people never learnt the true meaning of tolerance and compassion or could learn to accept a different viewpoint from their own?

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

Fluck em mate....stay mr happy!

Cheers!

• TerryWalstrom
  • TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I see what 'strongly suggests' (to my mind familiar with the history of Russell) a pyramid, with the indicated 'air vents' as a subliminal echo of their origins.

Surely THEY see it too.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I can see what Mr. Happy saw. But there are a variety of reasons why they chose that design.

1. It is simply lines that are easy to draw and looks like other designs the artist saw (it may not even be an "artist" that made the design)

2. A secret pimo that is having the last laugh.

3. WT likes to "borrow" designs and it could be someone else's.

If you join the art together, it also looks like a quilt design lol.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

So. If the awful jobo design is based on a Masonic symbol, what is the point of it?

What does anyone think it would mean about them in real terms?

How would it affect anything?

• MrHappy
    MrHappy

Punkofnice I don't know - that is a good question! A symbol would have no significance unless the viewers knew the meaning or could interpret it and I don't think that is what is intended for the JW viewer.

The format of the whole program is in my view strange. It is like a bad tv show and nothing like any other meeting item I have ever seen. I think most JW's would enjoy it and see it as fun and light entertainment / spiritually upbuilding and that is probably all it is?

However, I think that logos are quite meaningful pieces of art work that are not just cobbled together from stock art work or just appear on a page as some random doddle. It was put together with conscious thought and justification. It may be that the artist enjoyed pizza or quilt designs or a certain architectural style but that does not mean you use something for a TV set design or does it?

I appreciate your questions as it ensures that we don't get to conspiracy theory on these subjects and stay grounded.

Thank you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit