Bible Prophecy and the GB

by Lost in the fog 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

OFriends, having followed many of your posts on this website, I am convinced that the prophecy of the last days as penned in 2nd Timothy 3:1-7 is actually now being fulfilled by the present Governing Body.

2 Tim 3:1… But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. (Definitely, we all face hardships from the GB policies.)

☑️ For men will be lovers of themselves, (Look at us, we're on TV).

☑️ lovers of money, (Sell-off property)

☑️ boastful, (We make the rules, you must obey them.)

☑️haughty, (We are in charge!)

☑️blasphemers, disobedient to parents, (Disobedient to Father Jehovah's and Jesus's loving message.)

☑️unthankful, (Give us more donations. )

☑️disloyal, (to the long term Bethel workers once they reach older ages.)

☑️having no natural affection, (The shunning policy, JCs.)

☑️not open to any agreement, (Try disagreeing with the GB and see what happens to you.)

☑️slanderers, (Changed ideas, but deny they were ever at fault.)

☑️without self-control, (Warwick, even if Jehovah's direction was not evident. We want it, we get it).

☑️fierce, without love of goodness, (2-witness rule, treatment of abused children.)

☑️betrayers, (Where does the blame fall for mistakes? On the R+F.)

☑️headstrong, (as above)

☑️puffed up with pride, (goes without saying any more.)

☑️lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, (Rolex watches, trips abroad.)

☑️having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; (Is this the Truth?)

and from these turn away. (TTATT)

☑️From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, (Camp followers, photos with the GB, Bibles signed by the GB.)

☑️ always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth. (Revised understanding, New Light).

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good analogy and quite true.

• venus
    venus

Excellent post.

This and some of the recent posts (such as if one among GB raise an issue, would he be permitted to prove his point as Jehovah did with an angel; praying in the name of Michael; if imperfection and death automatically follow sin why not that in the case of Satan ...) show that real enlightenment happens here.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think your on to something here lost in the fog 19 points against the religion however I can come up with one point they got right.

"Religion Is a Snare And a Racket "

One out of twenty ain`t a good score is it

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

It can be....................

But then one has to deal with this Texts relevance to the collateral information in the Bible too - so if you believe fully in the Bible it would have high relevance and also imply that the GB has had a special relationship with God all along and has now fallen into a period of darkness which would then oblige one to "continue" with the Borg and 'stick it out" ...just my thought ~

When you look at peoples attitude to religion in general and the Christian religion in particular then it can apply to all who profess Christianity.

The Borg would never admit to being the key figures in this text

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

While I agree with the general sentiments regarding the GBs action, I hope you're not really taking it that seriously. You're just doing what the GB and countless egomaniacs like them have done for millennia: take vague scriptures and apply it to themselves. Whether for good or bad, that's what you're doing and there's zero justification for it. The GB and JWs aren't special, and nobody was writing about them thousands of years ago. The "last days" mentioned in that scripture are talking about Jerusalem, nothing more.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I agree with Neat Blue Dog.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth. (Revised understanding, New Light).

Well that's a good point I hadn't considered, jw's are always "studying" But never seem to learn!

• Giordano
    Giordano

That's because they are preparing for a world that doesn't exist.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

These two have always reminded me of our D2D...we prey on folks who are weak and going through stuff...and then we love bomb'em...I do agree that we/GB/JW are fulfilling bible prophesy...otherwise why do we know it so well...it's always easy to recognize yourself & say it's someone else...

For the most part JW's use the org. for social outlet...they get nothing out of the meetings/assemblies or conventions...it's just to get out the house & look holy...

☑️From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, (Camp followers, photos with the GB, Bibles signed by the GB.)

☑️ always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth. (Revised understanding, New Light).

@Neat Blue, exactly...JW's have applied the scriptures to themselves...they even say the first DF'ing was when Jehovah thru Adam out of the Garden...(but he never shunned him)....I think you are right about the Jerusalem thing...The bible has great stories...The good against the bad...I take from the bible is how to treat folks and have patience for them...

JW's know the bible back to front but can't apply it that's why they fiend for a bible student so they appear to be doing the right thing all the while just telling their student what to do but they never do it....those who can do..do, those who can't...TEACH...

There is another generation coming up....don't think they'll swallow the kool-aide...remember, this generation put a BLACK MAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE..they are not cut from the same cloth as their parents...just like we weren't..The baby boomers, made statements...we were about sex, drugs & rock & roll, but a lot of changes and good things came from that generation...We protested, butt our heads against the establishment...etc...

Just to add...since I'm a witness, I can say, no matter how they change the doctrine it will never shake the faith of a witness...because the org. admits they have a new understanding & to a witness that is a humble move...many of the friends say, the org. is so humble they are not like other religions, FDS/GB's (whoever writes this stuff), admit when they are wrong (never use that word, it's a new understanding)...you know like when an abusive spouse says, he/she has a new understanding that he/she should not abuse.....the abused spouse will say, well at least they admitted it...I think even if they admitted to child abuse (the org.) it will all be how they phrase it...

Remember how the Catholics got a new understanding that they shouldn't burn folks...

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit