Bible Prophecy and the GB

by Lost in the fog 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    jw's are always "studying" But never seem to learn!

That's because it's only an illusion of study. Real study is objective and impartial. JW study is just following a preset path with no options for growth.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

For me, this prophetic warning sums up the Hateful 8 -

(Matthew 7:15) “Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves.

• The Fall Guy
  • The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Oops! The wolf in sheep's clothing photo doesn't upload.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS and the associating JWS religion carry an accurate description or identity of being false prophets/Charlatans.

It been a religious publishing house that has built itself upon twisted and weakly devised doctrines which nevertheless were advantageous for literature proliferation.

Pretentiousness, deceit, corruption, exploitation, lying, money cultivating, its all there but to those who are deeply indoctrinated (brainwashed) by the WTS, they are blind to most of these things or see things as the WTS wants its devoted followers to see in other words.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Neat Blue Dog.

Of course I am not taking it seriously. 😎

It is only that the letter to Timothy was written to those inside the early Christian Church. The WTS always applies it to the world outside of the Organisation.

It could be applied to any group of people past, present, or future. However it seemed to me that the description of those verses could equally fit the GB's actions which we see at the moment.

• steve2
    steve2

Why would the leaders of such a tiny religious group be part of Bible prophecy?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why would the leaders of such a tiny religious group be part of Bible prophecy?

Its called self marketing to appeal to the masses promoted through literature proliferation.

The WTS propagates that followers of their organization are purely righteous in the eyes of god, so therefore they will be saved come Armageddon and live on into eternity.

Until that takes place, they can count on being redeemed from their sins, taken more or less as a double win win for most members.

• johnamos
    johnamos

[6-1-91 WT - Like ancient Jerusalem, Christendom looks to worldly alliances for security, and her clergy refuse to take refuge in Jehovah. Why, they do not even use his name, and they mock and persecute those who do honor that name.]

[Ezekiel 13:3 This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “Woe to the stupid prophets, who are walking after their own spirit, when there is nothing that they have seen…6 “They have visioned what is untrue and a lying divination, those who are saying, ‘The utterance of Jehovah is,’ when Jehovah himself has not sent them, and they have waited to have a word come true. 7 Is it not an untrue vision that YOU men have visioned, and a lying divination that YOU have said, when saying, ‘The utterance of Jehovah is,’ when I myself have spoken nothing?”’8 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “‘For the reason that YOU men have spoken untruth and YOU have visioned a lie, therefore here I am against YOU,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.” 9 And my hand has come to be against the prophets that are visioning untruth and that are divining a lie. In the intimate group of my people they will not continue on, and in the register of the house of Israel they will not be written, and to the soil of Israel they will not come; and YOU people will have to know that I am the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, 10 for the reason, yes, for the reason that they have led my people astray, saying, “There is peace!” when there is no peace, and there is one that is building a partition wall, but in vain there are those plastering it with whitewash.’ 11 “Say to those plastering with whitewash that it will fall.]

[9-15-88 WT- Why, learning that Gog’s attack is imminent but that Jehovah will rescue His people ought to increase our faith and make us rejoice that such events will result in sanctifying God’s long-profaned name!—Ezekiel 39:1-29.]

[Ezekiel 39:23 And the nations will have to know that the house of Israel went into exile because of their own error, because they were unfaithful to me.+ So I hid my face from them+ and handed them over to their enemies,+ and they all fell by the sword. 24 I dealt with them according to their uncleanness and their transgressions, and I hid my face from them.’25 “Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: ‘I will restore the captives of Jacob+ and have mercy on the whole house of Israel;+ and I will zealously defend* my holy name.+ 26 After they have been humiliated for all their unfaithfulness toward me,+ they will dwell securely on their land, with no one to make them afraid.+ 27 When I bring them back from the peoples and collect them together from the lands of their enemies,+ I will also sanctify myself among them before the eyes of many nations.’+ 28 “‘They will have to know that I am Jehovah their God when I send them into exile among the nations and then gather them back to their land, not leaving any of them behind.+ 29 I will not hide my face from them any longer,+ for I will pour out my spirit on the house of Israel,’+ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.”]

[1-15-04 WT- As foretold in Ezekiel chapter 38, Satan will soon complete his role as “Gog of the land of Magog.” This will involve a worldwide attack on Jehovah’s people. It will be an all-out attempt on the part of Satan to break the integrity of God’s loyal ones. As never before, worshipers of Jehovah will need to call upon him earnestly, even crying for help.]

[Joel 1:5,8,9,13,14- “Wake up, YOU drunkards, and weep; and howl, all YOU wine drinkers, on account of sweet wine, for it has been cut off from YOUR mouths. Wail, as a virgin girded with sackcloth does over the owner of her youth. “Grain offering and drink offering have been cut off from the house of Jehovah; the priests, the ministers of Jehovah, have mourned. “Gird yourselves, and beat YOUR breasts, YOU priests. Howl, YOU ministers of [the] altar. Sanctify a time of fasting. Call together a solemn assembly. Gather together [the] older men, all the inhabitants of the land, to the house of Jehovah YOUR God, and cry to Jehovah for aid.]

[3-15-61 WT- The opening verse of Isaiah 29 shows that these words are addressed to Ariel, concerning which the footnote of the New World Translation states: “‘Ariel.’ Meaning, perhaps, ‘the altar hearth of God’; or, ‘the lion of God.’ Designating Jerusalem here.” This prophecy would therefore apply to spiritual Jerusalem as represented upon earth by the remnant. These words show that God’s earthly organization would come under attack and would be reduced to a very low state by the enemies of God’s kingdom. God’s people would be, as it were, crushed to the earth, at the time of Gog’s attack upon them,]

[Isaiah 29:13 Jehovah says: “This people approach me with their mouth

And they honor me with their lips,+But their heart is far removed from me;

And their fear of me is based on commands of men that they have been taught.+

14 Therefore, I am the One who will again do wonderful things with this people,+

With wonder upon wonder;And the wisdom of their wise men will perish,

And the understanding of their discreet men will be hidden.”+15 Woe to those who go to great lengths to conceal their plans* from Jehovah.+Their deeds are done in a dark place,While they say: “Who sees us?Who knows about us?”+

16 How you twist things!*Should the potter be regarded the same as the clay?+

Should what is made say about its maker:“He did not make me”?+ And does what is formed say about its former:“He shows no understanding”?+]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit