What hymns will you never hear sung in Kingdom Halls of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by Vanderhoven7 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jhine
    jhine

I don't know what kind of songs are sung in Kingdom Halls but l would think that this wouldn't be one of them.

At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow , every tongue confess him King of Glory now , tis the Father's pleasure we should call him Lord , who from the beginning was the mighty Word .

At his voice creation sprang at once to sight , all the Angel's faces, all the hosts of light , thrones and nominations. stars upon their way. all the heavenly orders. in their great array.

There are a lot of verses but it's a lively tune so doesn't take long to sing.

Verse 5 is definitely a no no

All creation , name him , with love as strong as death ; but with awe and wonder. and with bated breath . He is God the Saviour, he is Christ the Lord , ever to be worshipped, trusted and adored

Jan

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Right Jan...that last verse is a definite no no.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Because the WTS tries to find ways to separate it from other Christian denominations, I bet they would find something objectionable with any hymn that was not from their own songbook. It's been a very long time, but I would guess that the JW hymns are focused on obedience to the GB and glorifying Jehovah, with the occasional morsel thrown to Jesus. Not quite the sort of thing that you would expect to hear outside of a Kingdom Hall.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Carla, I remember an exJW woman’s testimony, where she learned “Jesus Loves Me” as a 10 year old, from another neighborhood child…she was so happy, and came home and sang it to her mother. Her mother told her never to sing that song again, because it wasn’t true. 😢

• Gorb
    Gorb

Remember we got new songbooks with updated and removed songs.

Strange moments, when a favorite song was deleted.

G.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Remember we got new songbooks with updated and removed songs.

There’s even “new light (TM)” shining on a songbook ! 🤔

The thought police are active.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Nathan that wouldn't be sung anywhere nowadays it's so un-PC. Although it pretty much applies to more and more of the male population 😂

• carla
    carla

Biahi, what?!! oh my goodness that is terrible. jw's don't have any sort of program for children so they don't get to see the kids on stage singing right?

• Biahi
    Biahi

Nothing for kids, Carla, except beatings in the bathroom. 😢

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit