Where to draw the line: how Platonism haunts our discourse and the search for exorcism

by slimboyfat 168 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty
    I think there might be a real God behind the Bible - SBF

So why is it such a piece of shite?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Slim: Except I think there might be a real God behind the Bible.

What about the Vedas?

The Quran?

The Sutras?

The Bhagavad Gita?

The Upanishads?

• jp1692
    jp1692
    SBF: I think there might be a real God behind the Bible.

If you're right, then please tell that fucker I hate him. He is a horrible, horrible being as Dawkins described. Worse, actually.

I've told him myself but he never responded.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Matt 26 50 Jesus replied, “Do what you came for, friend.”

Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. 51 With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.

52 “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? 54 But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilledthat say it must happen in this way?”

Acts 15:14 Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name. And with this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written: After these things I will return and raise up again the tent of David that is fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins and restore it, so that the men who remain may earnestly seek Jehovah, together with people of all the nations, people who are called by my name, says Jehovah, who is doing these things, known from of old.'

Revelatio. 4:11 You are worthy, Jehovah our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things; and because of your will they came into existence and were created.”

• cofty
    cofty

What's your point?

Jesus was a false prophet and a homewrecker. The bible is an appalling book that reflects the depraved morality of Iron Age goat herders.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Leviticus 19:22 - 29:

Some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, “Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him.”

23 The owner of the house went outside and said to them, “No, my friends, don’t be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don’t do this outrageous thing. 24 Look, here is my virgin daughter, and his concubine. I will bring them out to you now, and you can use them and do to them whatever you wish. But as for this man, don’t do such an outrageous thing.”

25 But the men would not listen to him. So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. 26 At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight.

27 When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. 28 He said to her, “Get up; let’s go.” But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

29 When he reached home, he took a knife and cut up his concubine, limb by limb, into twelve parts and sent them into all the areas of Israel.

Good times, good times!

• captaingrl
    captaingrl

Why are people still discussing this crap? The God Delusion is a decade old and at this point, it is just repeating the same soundbites over and over again like a broken record. Isn't it time to move on to more pressing issues???

• jp1692
    jp1692
    CG: Isn't it time to move on?

Great idea. Why don’t you?

Move on. Get lost. Hit the road. Skeedaddle.

What’s it to you if we discuss this until the end it time?

• captaingrl
    captaingrl
    How about I got my opinion and you got yours? if it upset you then you can either deal with it or not!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit