Forgiveness

by Freedom rocks 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

How long have you spent trying to get rid of this guy? If he won't give you peace, get a restraining order.

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist

Narcissistic bullies thrive in the WTS. And I know what I'm talking about: I've got a father, who's a zealous Jdub elder ...

Good for you that you escaped/survived both of these abusive relationships.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

There's a difference between forgiveness and putting yourself in the same situation to be mistreated again.

Raised as JW guilt was used ALOT to motivate us into doing things. It's taken me a while to figure out if I really want to do something or not and make peace that sometimes I do feel a little residual guilt for not going along with someone else's idea of what I should be doing. But that's gotten way less intense and the more I stick up for myself the less I need to forgive anything because there are fewer times I feel taken advantage of.

• zophar
    zophar

Seems to me that the word for forgiveness often used in the Bible literally means to let go of or "let go off". As I take it, it is something that benefits you as much as it does the other person. You often hear victims say they forgive their offender in the sense of not letting the murderer or rapist or whatever have control over their lives. They "let go off" in the sense of moving past the terrible offense.

If the person is interested in what the Bible requires, try this Scripture:

"So each of you needs to be careful. If your brother sins [against you], confront him about it, and if he has a change of mind and heart, then forgive him. -Luke 17:3 Bible Gateway The Voice

That seems to put the burden back where it belongs, on the offender.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Narcissistic bullies thrive in the WTS. And I know what I'm talking about: I've got a father, who's a zealous Jdub elder ...

Good for you that you escaped/survived both of these abusive relationships.
    ''

Narcissistic rogue heavies dominate the KH's. But in the real world they 'are nothing'. They just a useless 'lumps'. As one youtuber Vinny V. put it one of his vids.

Good luck!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit