Forgiveness

by Freedom rocks 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

If someone does the same things over and over again and says sorry and then does it again and you point out that their apologies don't mean anything anymore, then they accuse you of not being forgiving enough, who is in the wrong? (I mean as in constantly over a long period of time)

Im trying to work out whether it was just part of the persons mental/ emotional manipulation tactics or whether I have the wrong view and I'm not forgiving enough

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Some things maybe ingrained in the person's personality and not very easy to stop doing. It could also be that the two of you have both have tactics that you use to get what you want from the other without being open about it.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

You can forgive...but that doesn't mean you should trust the repeat offender...nor does it mean there should be no consequences for repeated offenses.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

If this person weighs you down, get some new friends. You shouldn't put up with that, they're psychopaths.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Good short word here that I use more often now that I'm middle aged, took me half a lifetime to learn : NO

Phrase I've decided to user more often today : You're not my lord nor master

OP : learn to lookout for yourself, JW certainly did not

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes. You HAVE to help yourself. Something no JW will never say. Because who's going to do it for you, right? No JW will.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

The person was literally sucking the life out of me and had me exhausted from dealing with them. I've never felt that way off anyone else I've been around.

I've had disagreements with other people over the years or made mistakes or they've made mistakes and I'm still great friends with them and everything was forgiven and forgotten. Its just this 1 person, they don't have any close friends and seem to find fault with everyone else and although they say they admit their mistakes and not many people do, they repeat the same mistakes over and over and expect forgiveness just coz they say sorry

• Simon
    Simon

It's not wrong to tell someone "no". Some people's lives seem to be lurching constantly from disaster to disaster. They are just dysfunctional people. If they want help, give them advice, but don't be a crutch for them. Often this determines if they truly want help and want to change or just want something provided for them (if they balk at valuable advice).

No one can demand forgiveness, especially if you've already done it multiple times before it becomes pointless and ultimately may not really be helping the person concerned.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Forgiveness is a choice.

It is as much—maybe even more—for you than the one seeking forgiveness.

Not everyone or everything should be forgiven.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Learning to define appropriate boundaries is a vital step in life.

If such appropriate boundaries have been overstepped, this is a warning sign that the offender lacks respect for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit