Do you have a sense of humor?

by Maverick 37 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

I think there's a difference between a sense of humor and being funny. I love and appreciate a wide variety of humor and don't take myself too seriously. I think I can have my moments where the right comment can have my friends snorting with laughter. But I'm no stand-up comedian and I'm not considered the clown.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes I'm not.

• Sabine
    Sabine

I am a certifiable clown, my husband and I are so silly, we just play all the time. One quick example of my goofy sense of humor:

I had a puppy that I couldn't housebreak no matter what I tried. My husband was getting so tired of dodging poop on the floor, he was ready to put the puppy up for adoption. One day I was preparing dinner, and hear his car pull in. I was making humus (ground chickpeas) and had a silly thought. I put a mound of humus on the kitchen floor. When my husband came in he had that look like "not again"...before he said anything I bent over and scooped it up into my mouth. The look on his face for a split second was priceless.....

• freedom96
    freedom96

You gotta have fun in life, and it would be miserable without humor. I apreciate most types. I don't care for vulgarity just for the sake of it, however.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I have a great sense of humor. Not a joke person but very funny in my own way.

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

You bet I do!

I got one for ya,

a man turns and walks into a bar and says......

Ouch!

Knock knock

Whos there?

Atch

Atch who?

Gazoontike

A man becomes a Witness, then gets kicked out, looses his family, his wife and his kids, then comitts suicide......

Standing at the pearly gates St Peter asks him "What took you so friggin long to get here?"

Another fellow becomes a Witness, stays faithfull to the Org, looses his wife in a car accident because they won't take a blood transfusion. Loses his kids to other churches and to science and the internet. He dies very old and lonely. Standing at the pearly gates St Peter is nowhere to be seen. So he knocks on the door (gate) and a voice says you will have to go back to the earth and live another life "There is no one home" And besides you have never had a heavenly hope anyway. The guy is furious about this and starts screaming loud and foul threats that Jehovah is going to destroy this place if they don't let him in. Saint Peter steps out and says "Who the #### is Jehovah?" The guy starts explaining that if you just let me in I can teach you all about Jehovah and his wonderfull Organization. Saint peter says Oh you mean us! Then the guy realizes what he just said, stands back and says Oh S###! Are you Gods woman and not us? "Well" St Peter says, "one woman to another," it aint all that great being married to a Celebate Guy now is it?"

• shamus
    shamus

I do, but it's pretty dry, making it impossible to comprehend over the internet. Although sarcastic and goofy, I can't tell a joke to save my life....

Why do people take into account a sense of humor = telling a joke? It only matters if you can laugh at a joke or not! If you can tell one does not mean that you have a sense of humor!

• Prisca
    Prisca

You have to have a sense of humour to get through life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit