Went to the KH a few days ago.

by nowawake14 22 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NOW AWAKE:

Find some real friends outside of the religion...ones who aren’t judging you every step of the way and don’t need a religious meeting to get together....As others have said:..once you leave you are resented for not being there. This was my experience.

They especially resent ‘faders’ now because they have lost so many people now and there are fewer people they can come up to with an envelope to give money to JWs who never wanted to work or plan for retirement. This is regardless of whether you were criticized for having a job like I was.

I don’t want to be around this mentality.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

approaching my fifty third year and over twenty years out of that poisonous cult and can safely say that I'll never set foot in a KH again all the time I'm still alive.

• snakeface
    snakeface

nowawake 14, you said you went because you just wanted to see some friends. Why are you going them? Why don't they come to you?

Eventually you will realize that they are not your friends. This includes any blood relatives. They do not love you. Their loyalty is to "the organization". You deserve to have true friends, who are happy to see you be/do what you want to be/do, rather than just trying win you over to be what they feel you should be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit