People Are Starting To Get Cabin Fever!!!

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

No work. No school. People being cooped up.

It’s going to get crazy.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Our grand fathers fought and died, they marched, flew, served in naval conflict and withstood terrifying odds and yet prevailed.

We have to sit on the sofa, watch Netflix and avoid social contacts.

Let’s not screw it up!

but... yep, it’s tough.

• cofty
    cofty

I would genuinely prefer to go to war than sit around hoping an invisible enemy doesn't get us.

China must pay dearly for what they have done.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Tell me about it.

I'm getting tired of my wife slapping me for chewing on the furniture.

Rub a Dub

• caves
    caves

It has the potential to get really crazy. In the USA 1/3 or more of families rent. 1/3 or more of Americans just lost their jobs. (nearing 100,000,000) so far. 1 hundred million. And many more who's hours got cut drastically.

Though there are eviction freezes in place in many states already. There are so many landlords who will evict anyway.

Yesterday, one of the local grocery stores I was at I got to talking to the manager and he was saying that many people are really afraid there will be ciaos and violence come rent time.

Two weeks ago when the state announced an eviction freeze the local big wig realtors office that owns the majority of rentals here sent out a letter and post it online to all their tenants saying that they will evict even if you have lost your job. There was such immediate public blow back that they retracted it the next day.(Dispite the fact the first couple round of bailouts will go first to them since they are an LLC.)

Many private home owners with rentals have said they will not honor the states no evict temporary law.

The court house is near closed anyway and could not handle a mass evict anyway. So on just the renting front that will be, scary, quite frankly.

I know no one wants to think about stuff like that, I certainly don't want to inject fear or panic, but its things people are talking about more and more as April nears.

We wont really know for sure until nearing mid April.

Cabin fever? I have that now and I was just coming out of my shell for the first time in years. Go figure.

I'm sure many have cabin fever right now.

What is sucking for me is that I have a friend that I started to hang out with. He and his wife are total social butterflies he hates being stuck in (I don't blame him). I happened to be in the same vicinity of someone telling him to stop visiting with every Tom, Dick and Harry and showing up to peoples houses as if nothing in the world is going on. It hurt his feeling pretty bad. But he really needed to hear it. Sucks for me cause he'd become my romping bud to go up into the mountains,rivers beaches ect, and find stuff to make or just explore.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

My wife got a link from a woman she works with and a song on You Tube called "Stay the F*%# at Home"

In the interest of decorum, I am not posting the link here but to us it was hilarious; some old guy with a long white beard playing the piano. Definitely an adult thing. Just type it into the search bar, then click on the EXPLICIT version. It seems to be going viral.

I'm not recommending anyone to go there but .... well .... if you do .... report back.

Rub a Dub

• caves
    caves

Rubadub- LOL. What kind of furniture ? I need ideas ..

I finished the wooden seat for my bench yesterday. Doing more wood work and next is painting (artistic) and other paint touch up. So much art to complete.

• Pete Zahut
  • minimus
    minimus

Rub ,that song was pretty catchy!👍👍

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Rub ,that song was pretty catchy!

Min ...

Maybe I should have put link to it ... maybe not.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit