I just emailed Court TV

by Sabine 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sabine
    Sabine

Court tv is televising the Longo trial, he was a disfellowshipped JW that killed his family in Oregon last year. I emailed them about my experience, my daughter completed suicide after the elders threatened to disfellowship her. I also mentioned the Bryant family murder suicides in Oregon, the husband was disfellowshipped and in a desperate financial situation like Longo about 18 months ago.

Court TV excepts emails from viewers and sometimes airs them. I would encourage all of you to email them your comments on this. I would hope if they received emails from all over the country/world they might mention it on TV, or maybe one of the reporters will get inspired to look deeper into this issue....just a thought.

thanks,

sabine

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I just read his whole story from Court TV:

http://www.courttv.com/trials/taped/longo/background01.html

• Mulan
    Mulan

This was my email to them: As a former Jehovah's witness (all of my life until age 50) I can understand the damage his association with that religion has done to his conscience. You virtually are trained to rely on them to tell you what is right and what is wrong. Essentially you have no conscience without their direction. They say you develop a Bible trained conscience but that is actually not true at all. I feel very badly for him, and cannot understand why he would be moved to kill his entire family. It is a senseless tragedy. He seems emotionless and talks about his kids as if they are still there, and not dead at his own hands. Jehovah's witnesses have the practice of disfellowshipping which sends many members "over the edge" to many immoral life styles after they are victimized by the organization in this way. Some are driven to suicide because they feel there is no hope for them anymore. Their families and former friends will have nothing to do with them any longer, and they become despondent. If their job happens to be in a company of JW's, they lose their job and thus their means of making a living. The scandal at times ruins their reputation, and if it isn't public knowledge, it soon becomes public through the congregation gossip mill. It's all very sad.

• Tyler
    Tyler

I'm sorry to disagree, but all us here are X Jw's (I think) and yes, it makes you go mad, but come on! Murdering your family? I have no sympathy for him at all.

However, had he killed his elders.....!

• DJ
    DJ

Thanks for the story teenyuk. I have to say that I agree with Tyler. After reading the full story.....your e-mails asking for understanding makes you guys look like nuts!

• Joker10
    Joker10

The man is an asshole!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I gotta go with Tyler, as sad as all the cases of family break ups, etc are due to disfellowshipping, a guy murders his family...he gets no sympathy from me.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

As a former Jehovah's witness (all of my life until age 50) I can understand the damage his association with that religion has done to his conscience.

What conscience? He had a conscience? Association with that religion does not a murderer make. Sheesh. I have heaps of problems in my life, some very difficult at this very moment, and I'm NOT about to steal, lie, cheat or MURDER anyone to try and get out of them. And as much as I dislike the BORG, I will not be reduced to blaming them for things like this animal perpetrated upon his own flesh and blood! Poor little kids, poor woman. Hope they do give him the chair or whatever! A man like that doesn't deserve to live out his life, even in jail.

Jehovah's witnesses have the practice of disfellowshipping which sends many members "over the edge" to many immoral life styles after they are victimized by the organization in this way.

My goodness, how far are some of you prepared to go, insinuating that the borg can be blamed for this guys insanity is totally ridiculous. Shame on you!

• Tyler
    Tyler
    With his boyish good looks, well-spoken demeanor and religious upbringing, Christian Longo seemed an unlikely candidate for the FBI's Ten Most Wanted list.

WTF? Is this odd or is American news reporting like this? I have noticed in TV movies how in cout cases the defence refurs to how the defendant is a 'church goer' like it makes a differance. I even get the impression that being 'good looking' is a line of defence in America. Am I wrong, or am I being naieve and it goes on here in UK as well? Curious on your thoughts.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    After reading the full story.....your e-mails asking for understanding makes you guys look like nuts!

This just shows how one reply can change the mood of the thread. Neither Sabine nor myself meant it that way.

Both of us felt it would be "bad" publicity for the JW's for all of us here to send emails to court tv about our experience with JW's and the damage they cause to families. Neither of us meant to imply that he should be excused for his unforgiveable actions.

If you had watched his testimony you would have been chilled to the bone by his coldness and lack of emotion.

And..............the JW's are responsible for his mindset. His parents became witnesses when he was a small child. He stated clearly in his interrogation that he felt his family had a chance now, and at least they would be resurrected and wouldn't have to live with all that he had done in this life. (or something like that)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit