Red Flags identifying Jehovah's Witnesses as a Cult

by Vanderhoven7 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Riley
    Riley

Something I have never understood about the WTS is there is nothing charismatic about the governing body. They are literally some of the most disgusting humans a person could wish to meet.

Even when I was in I was ashamed to talk about the faithful slave.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"Cult leaders’ charismatic personalities, fringe beliefs and lust for power have inspired hundreds to follow their unconventional philosophies — with often-tragic results. Charles Manson, David Koresh, Jim Jones, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh and others have gained international notoriety for exposing the dark side of humanity."

The Borg is just a skip and a jump from doing something like a David Koresh or Jim Jones kind of event. I believe the mind-set is there.. On a large scale.

• Riley
    Riley

salvation based on works but death means a free trip to paradise.

• Godlyman
    Godlyman

I have never met any of the members of the governing body, supposably of the anointed class, so I have nothing bad to say about them. One of the main teachings of the JW's is the faithful and discreet slave. I do not believe this to be true whatsoever. It is one of the main reasons I left the organization.

Estephan

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

This is not about me.

You shouldn’t conclude that from my post. I don’t know about you individually. I just meant that all JW are sinful people like everybody else. So I wouldn’t be concerned about my reputation. Look at Peter, look at David or at anybody. Everybody sins. And that’s what the ransom is for. —Does that sound cultish?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

You may say 'cult' or 'high control group'. It really is academic.

The truth is that the leaders protect paedophiles.

what more proof do you need that they are not 'Christian' but utter grifting scum?

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

The WT spies who monitor ex-JW reddit seemed to have delayed revealing the truth about one of their falsehoods. The February 2023 Study Watchtower was 5 years late with this 'new light':

Why do Jehovah' Witnesses believe that the "vile things" spoken of at John 5:29 will be practiced during Christ's 1000 years reign?

it-2 p. 789 Resurrection - Jesus was therefore evidently taking a similar position in time in speaking of “those who did good things” and “those who practiced vile things,” namely, a position at the end of the period of judgment, as looking back in retrospect or in review of the actions of these resurrected persons after they had opportunity to obey or disobey the “things written in the scrolls.”"

re chap. 41 p. 300 par. 16 - "...showing that those resurrected ones who “practiced vile things” after being instructed in the inspired Scriptures and scrolls are judged to be unworthy of life."

rs p. 338 par. 1 - "Both those who formerly did good things and those who formerly practiced bad things will be “judged individually according to their deeds.” What deeds? If we were to take the view that people were going to be condemned on the basis of deeds in their past life, that would be inconsistent with Romans 6:7...... Jesus was expressing the outcome after they had been uplifted to human perfection and been put on judgment."

bh p. 214 par. 3 - "...the judgment will not focus on what people did before they died.....individuals will be judged on the basis of what they do during Judgment Day."

uw chap. 9 p. 76 par. 12 - "They will be “judged individually according to their deeds” performed after their resurrection."

w82 4/1 p. 25 par. 18 - "Both “those who did good things” and “those who practiced vile things” will be among “those dead” who will be “judged individually according to their deeds” performed after their resurrection."

w78 9/1 p. 22 par. 9 - "...the former life pattern will affect the problem of the resurrected ones as to their conforming to Kingdom requirements........they will either turn to the course of doing good things or turn to the practicing of vile things."

If people are going to be practicing vile things and then get judged, such a world makes a nonsense of Christ's rulership as described at Revelation 2:27 - "....he will shepherd the people with an iron rod...."

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/7q6mci/14_questions_for_jws_to_answerconsider/

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Here is a list we put together a while back on this forum

Red flags that reveal you are in a cult.

1. when the all important question is not: "Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ?"....but...."Do you believe in the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" appointed in 1919?"

2. when you will be refused baptism if:

a. you don't believe Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BC whereas all non-JW scholars, all encyclopedias and all history books say this event took place in 587 BC.

b. you, like Cornelius, are a member of the military.

c. you, like Daniel, Joseph and the Ethiopian eunuch hold political office.

d. you don't believe the apostles went door-to-door and that Christians are required to do the same.

e. you reject the idea that the majority of Christians running around today are not part of the New Covenant, do not have a heavenly hope, and are not Spirit-begotten or born again.

f. you don't believe that finding and serving in the right organization (the one with headquarters in Warwick) is necessary to escape eternal destruction at Armageddon.

g. your hair as a male is too long

3. when:

a.window-washing, JC Penny suit-wearing elders insist that THEY carry out and handle cases of child abuse and NOT the trained authorities.

b. your organization holds NGO status in the Beast of Revelation for 10 years running.

c. your leaders have a 100% failure rate interpreting biblical prophecy...except of course when it comes to invisible stuff.

d. you have to surrender your conscience to men.

e. independent thinking is labeled as sin.

f. you are to encourage everyone else to question their religion, but are forbidden to question your own.

g. you are told not to look into the past history, or failed predictions because that would not be " encouraging ".

h. your religion enforces medical quackery such as forbidding vaccinations or organ transplants.

i. you are forbidden to celebrate birthdays because thousands of years ago, somebody died at a birthday party.

j. you are constantly told to wait on Jehovah for answers to your scriptural questions and doubts.

k. You are not allowed to be baptized because your hair is too long (male)

l. victims have to jump thru hoops to expose a pedophile

m. you have shunned your own children for the last 25+ years.

n. you just had to supress the thought that you might be in the wrong religion.

o. a generation can last over 100 years.

p. you are denied life saving medical treatments.

q. you are taught to distrust your own thoughts.

r. you are told to shun your own family.

s. you were told you didn't need college because you would not have time for a career in this system and now you a card carrying member of AARP.

t. you can't figure out the current teachings on which 'fractions of fractions of fractions of blood' are acceptable to Jehovah.

u. you find out that and your wife made love in the wrong way.

4. when all your friends stop speaking to you because you:

a. grew a beard.

b. visit web sites critical of the Watchtower

5. when you will be disfellowshipped (spiritually executed) if

a. you don't agree that rejecting the authority men in Warwick is worthy of excommunication and shunning ex-JW family members.

b. you disagree with any doctrinal position or change handed down from the current governing body in New York.

c. you engage in any behavior that could be labeled as "brazen", and you refuse to "repent" when called before a kangaroo court.

d. you allow your child to have a blood transfusion to save his or her life.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Humorous Additions:

Red flags that you are in a cult:

a. when you see the words "Jehovah" and "Witness" juxtaposed.

b. when you regularly hear the word "pioneer" used as a verb...

c. when you find out that all your pioneer friends shop at Goodwill, too.

d. your car now qualifies for antique plates-- no sense buying a new one when Armageddon is coming- very soon!

e. your Harry Potter Books are kept hidden under a quilt, behind the cat box in the furnace room

f. you casually say "i don't think the governing body is the true channel" the room gets quiet they all look at you pointing and screaming your cover is blown the alien controlled humans are chasing you the last remaining human who still has a human brain.

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

When the typical Uber JW heard on the News that Musk is revealing the truth on Twitter, they comment, “When did Musk become a witness?”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit