Confirmed: CO Discourages Zoom

by XBEHERE 30 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I can confirm that the CO during one of his service talks stated that Zoom is a provision for Elderly, infirmed, as well as people who might NEED it on occasion due to health reasons, otherwise you are expected to be in person at meetings and in the ministry.

This had to come down from the top. Maybe they do not want to put it in a GB update or Broadcast since that would be too public I suppose.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what about those situations where it's either Zoom or nothing? Try driving 75 km each way to a boasting session, especially during a moderate snowstorm. Or, if your work schedule is too tight to make an in-person boasting session but you could do one on Zoom. True it would be a waste of Zoom space, but that is way better than a waste of gas and time driving to the boasting session venue.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

It seems to be the new outline. Same talking point here last month. What I noticed was there were no pictures on, and few mikes on after that. I am sure they will implement a monthly password change

It is still a cost benefit deal. Cost: The infirm ones need help staying home and using a computer, much less traveling and dressing up. Benefit: nothing, boring simpleton parts, no love shown.

You cannot visit on zoom as a couple windy loudmouths dominate.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    WTW - And what about those situations where it's either Zoom or nothing?

Let's hope it's nothing.

The less the noise of propaganda is the more people will wake up and leave.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

In rural areas, they have eliminated quite a few halls and make people drive further to meetings. It is an hour drive one way for some in this area (midwest US). The added cost of travel and time is a big part of the stay-at-home on zoom phenomenon.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hard to imagine the sorts of journeys WTWizard and others are describing just to get to a KH meeting in the US. I've been out for over 20 years now but wherever I've lived in the UK the nearest KH was only ever a few minutes away.

How is this knackered old horse of a religion still limping on?!

• Gorb
    Gorb

I remember the CO condemned those who early used the pc and divices for jw related issues.

G.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Or try driving 75km one way these days with the price of gas,, in a snow storm or when its -30 outside with dangerous -40 wind chills?

• Riley
    Riley

How the hell else do they expect me to watch hockey in my underpants while attending a meeting ?

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

They are still in "sell" mode so the drives will only be increasing for more of the flock. It is sad really.

So many who paid for their KHs, built their KHs, maintained their KHs, worshipped in their KHs, and loved their KHs, lost their KHs because their attendance and donations ticked the boxes off for "Time To Sell". Now they have to drive further and be treated like they are spiritually weak for not praising the Organization for this new loving provision.

I have often thought that we light the fire of our own discomfort and this confirms that it is true in JWdom.

Cheer up all you honest-hearted ones! The end (of the religion) is SOOOOOOOO close. It is just around the corner (where a realtor is preparing to show your KH to another church).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit