5 Steps to be a good cop inside the congregation...

by hardtobeme 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

So bare arms are verboten? Must be one of those unwritten rules, from the WTS Talmud.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Unshaved underarms, Blondie. Unshaved underarms...

• Half banana
    Half banana
    I guess there is only one way to run a police state...
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep, I have seen this happen.

But, most of the time, the "spiritual" one fails to do the step of going to the "sinful" one first!

They just go ratting to the cops (elders), who in turn blab to their families and every other person in the cong, and the gossip and slander mill gets put into overdrive.....WITHOUT them even checking on the alligation first!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

BLONDIE - So bare arms are verboten?

Except for elders' wives/daughters!!

In my previous two congregations, the female relatives of elders' households dressed with impunity - "flashing the flesh" if the temperatures rose above freezing!

Of course, many elders live in fear of their "driving force", and won't dare comment to them on what is acceptable clothing for a "place of worship".

• blondie
    blondie

Unshaved arms and legs were derigour when I lived in Europe. Dark leg hair under nylons, like little black worms. Tufts of hair peeking out of sleeves.

In our last congregation elders wives had dark nail polish, 2 posts in each ear lobe, bright red lipstick, black dyed hair that looked like coal dust, 4 inch stilettos. Congregations tend to watch them and do the same...harder to enforce what doesn't get done at home.

I remember a COBOE that gave a strong talk about the above and insisted that the sisters adhere. Then the new CO came the next week, and his wife, dark dyed hair, dark nails, bright red lipstick, 4 inch heels. No more mention of that by the COBOE for 3 years.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    It's funny they will pick on dark dyed hair, dark nails and bright lipstick but they never mention breast enlargements. We know of several Elders wives who have had this procedure done (some several times). I have nothing against breast enlargements but it is a surgical procedure that can be dangerous. Putting on dark nail polish,wearing heals or putting on red lipstick is not considered dangerous procedures. lol This is one thing that has intrigued me over the years but they hardly EVER mention it in talks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit