Divorce is now final

by Scooby 24 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

((((((((((((((((Scooby)))))))))))))))

I don't know your situation, but it sounds like you're better off without him, he's lacking in loyalty.

Hang in there.

FreeFallin

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Scoob,

Some people are immature, some assholes, some men, and some are just lookin' for a way out.

Your ex (and you will grow fond of that term....promise) seems to fit the above.

Hope you're doing ok. You WILL look back *in a while* and marvel about how much better your life is NOW.

"It's so gratifying to meet your old boyfriend of 5 yrs ago in the elevator and think to yourself "My God...how could I have been SO stupid to have missed him."

Okay....turnabout's fair play

Found on the mirror of a bar's men's restroom: "Remember, no matter how good she looks, someone else got real tired of that bitch."

You take care, sweetie.......you're well worth it!

waiting - who went through her divorce at age 29 with 3 small kids in tow. Single for 2 yrs., happily (when speaking to each other) married for 22 yrs now.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hi ((((((Scooby))))))

I am sorry to hear of your sadness. I must point out something that you said:

I am now officially divorcedThe watchtower ruined my marriage. It is unfair but my husband did not want to be married to an "apostate" HIS word NOT mine. Although he is a total hypocrite, not going to any meetings, sleeping with god knows what and says he doesn't believe it is the truth completly... he would rather be with someone who knows NOTHING about the JW's. So unfair..... He's the one who witnessed to me 12 years ago.... Now he's left me because of it?!?!?

I do not agree with you that the WT ruined your marriage. It sounds like your husband is using it as an excuse, though. He's not very mature is he? I mean, c'mon, to blame a religion for not wanting to be married when it is obvious that he just wants to fornicate and his wife got in the way of his fun?

You are better off without this loser. Be thankful because he did you a favor.

You sound like a nice person. You are going to be way better off without him--once your heart heals.

If you want to talk about it, you can call me. I am going through a divorce too. I will be glad to offer support, if you need it. I have sent you my phone number via private message.

Love,

Robyn

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Sorry to hear it, Scooby. I went through the same thing, my JW ex-wife divorced me based on her own adultery, because she didn't want to be married to an apostate. Six months after the divorce became final, I married my high school sweetheart.

The other day, my daughter told me that my ex is always complaining to her how unfair it is that I'm married and happy while she's all alone and living with her brother. So these things can have a happy ending. Hope it works out as well for you as it did for me. That doesn't mean it won't hurt to go through it - it was probably the most painful experience of my life.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Scooby(((hug))) I think divorce must be harder than the death of a loved one.... I lost my hubby in death..So You realise it is over> Nothing you can do about it. But divorce must be so hard to bear especially loving the one that threw in the towel. > But I still believe scripture & it tells you >You have been called to peace( 1st Corinth 7:15) ( True they are Pauls words -but I think your free to enjoy life without him He is the loser ((((Hugs))

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

(((Scooby))) - I have to agree, if your husband is behaving this way, he is not (nor sounds like has ever been) a "good" JW - he's using this religion as an excuse for his own self-chosen behavior. I know this hurts, but from the sounds of things, you will be much better off in the long run without him. If he's sleeping with God knows who - he'll eventually catch God knows what, or worse continue to hurt you with his deceit and adultery. You don't deserve that, you deserve better - remember that. There are many people (yes in the world) who are much better "christians" than this man sounds like he could ever be.

Keep venting, posting & maybe make some of the meet-ups - start making some new friends and a life for yourself - a life filled with happiness & unknown potential - you do deserve that!

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

(((((((((((((Scooby)))))))))))))))))))))

just adding my hugs to the list...i'm so sorry for your pain...

hugs

essie

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

So sorry you are going through this. (((Scooby)))

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Take Heart! You have an opportunity to do much better for yourself now! Who wants to be stuck in an institutional marriage, ran by the Jws? True love is out there..."what you want, also wants you!"

• nowisee
    nowisee

hi scooby,

sometimes when we are within a situation it is difficult to see beyond it.... i am truly sorry for the pain you must be feeling...

but KNOW this. you WILL move on; you WILL get and be stronger... something better is definitely ahead for you. look forward.

best wishes, nowisee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit