Do You Ever Have Dreams You’re Still a JW?

by jp1692 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Ok, perhaps I shouldn't share this particular dream ... but I'm going to anyway.

This morning I dreamt that I was sleeping over at a house full of JW mates. I slept on the sofa. While others were getting up for breakfast and/or using the shower, I was debating with myself in my dream about whether I should have a wank or not. The pro was obviously that I had a stalk on. The cons were that I had no tissues and my mates could walk in on me. But then I thought, in my dream, just do it - I'm going in the shower soon anyway.

Then I woke up.

Weird, huh?

• Solla Sollew
    Solla Sollew

That's not a dream, that's a nightmare

• Onager
    Onager

I used to have Armageddon dreams, but haven't had one for years now. I still sometimes dream that I'm at a KH or assembly though, but not as a JW. I think it's because there's a part of me who still wants to convince my old friends of the truth (about the truth). That's not going to happen any time soon so my brain tries to process it in dreams instead. Maybe...

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

No, happy I don’t have this.

G.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sure I do.... and I've been out for around 20 years.

Recently I had one very similar to the o/p. My name was announced for a service minute item , or whatever it is today called. I was totally unprepared having never read it. I stumbled through some of it but could not blag it far. I dried up and walked up.

Anyone want to give a meaning to that?

• eyeslice2
    eyeslice2

Ditto JP1692 and BlueBrothers. I have been out nearly twenty years but still have similar dreams of being at a meeting and being announced for a part I hadn't prepared or read through. In my dream I still reason I am not active and don't go on the field ministry and can't understand why the elders still are assigning me parts on the meetings but I get up and blag my way through it.

Very strange the way the mind and memory works.

• contramundum
    contramundum

I rarely have dreams related to the JWs now (my last meeting was almost 3 years ago) but I do still remember a nightmare I had as a child....

I had survived Armageddon and was searching round the carnage to locate my family members. I couldn't find any - not my mother, father or sister. I can still recall the feelings of panic this created in me, and convincing myself that Jehovah would make me forget my former life if it made me unhappy.

Bearing in mind I was not yet a teenager at the time and I am now in my 50s, it shows what emotional damage the organisation can inflict on children.

CM

• Gemmel
    Gemmel

No but I don't generally have nightmares.

G

• btlc
    btlc

I dream sometimes assemblies on strange places, like hospital, we are all accommodate in rooms and watch convention program on TV, and hospital staff treat us like patients. Or we are on the beach, casualy dressed, watching program on beach cinema. I usually wake up unsuccesfully searching some private place to tinkle. Last week I was dreamed that I'm in the field service, I rang on the door and then panic started - no Bible, no literature, nothing to offer and nothing to say, but I managed to wake up before door opened...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Dub World

with apologies to Gary Jules, Michael Andrews ("Mad World")

All around me are familiar faces

Worn out places, worn out faces

Bright and early for their daily races

Going nowhere, going nowhere

Their tears are filling up their glasses

No expression, no expression

Hide my head, I want to drown my sorrow

Maybe tomorrow, but not tomorrow

And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad

Dreams in which the world is dying are the best I've ever had

I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take

When people think in circles it's a very very