Good books to read?

by thedepressedsoul 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    slim - it was via Zizek that I became interested in Badiou as I wanted to see how such confessed marxists formulated ideas and concepts that enable an individual to transcend life's vicissitudes.
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

Word salad!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Song of Solomon.

Rub a Dub

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    My favorite book of all time: "The Sneetches and other Stories" by Dr Suess. All I need to know about human nature is contained therein. No kidding!
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

There's an eighty five year old book called Straight and Crooked Thinking by Professor Robert H Thouless. It went back into print a few years ago and I can't recommend it highly enough. Ray Franz books helped me with specific questions but Straight and Crooked Thinking changed my perspective forever.

It's a bit dry but we'll worth it. Get your hands on the earliest edition you can, they are pithier and more elegant.

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

"Against the Flow" by Professor John C. Lennox. An examination of the book of Daniel. Interesting perspective on higher education in the text.

A very interesting read all in all and far superior to the JW book on Daniel. Thoroughly referenced, indexed and with nice photos and art work. Available from Amazon hardcopy or as Kindle ebook.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Sorry this came up twice! It was stuck on "qued" for 10 minutes so I exited the browser. For some reason it ended up posting it twice the following day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit