only 90

by pepperheart 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• talesin
    talesin

It's not my choice, but I understand. It's a worthwhile effort, because you are doing something concrete. When I was in my 'anger' stage, I'm sure I would be taking a few copies home and tearing out leaves, for the sheer physical release.

It must feel quite satisfying. No harm, no foul. You are hurting no one, and providing a valuable public service by recycling the litter-a-trash. haha!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Taking books from the carts makes publishers think they are making placements and doing something worth continuing with.

Not a recommendation because it wouldn't be a kind thing to do, but if these 90 books were rendered useless and then sent to the congregation they came from and identified as having been obtained from their literature cart, it might make a statement but it would also serve to feed their persecution complex and make them feel extra virtuous.

Having their very existence ignored, would be harder for them to take than actual opposition. As far as I can see, people are staying away from these carts, in droves. This literature cart thing might just fizzle out on it's own. Letting time take it's course rather than resorting to these kinds of destructive measures ourselves, keeps us from actually becoming what they believe we already are.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Seems like a double waste of time and effort, both the JW and the non-JW
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    The witnesses are probably loving you because they are placing all these books.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart

Branch headquaters in both the usa and the uk have sent a leter to all kingdom halls telling JWs to be more careful where they place magazines etc and now that i have had over 800 teaching books from the trolleys they are getting very carful in the magazines,booklets etc that they let me have.As for cost that depends where you live.If you live on the west coast then the magazines have to travel 1000s of miles to get to you.People in the uk get all their teaching books from the usa and at some point in the future they will be closing the print works around london down and the watchtower and awake will be printed in germany so that will cost them more in transport costs.

If you saw a bottle of poison on the kerbside would you leave it there,most people would try and put it somewhere safe.I put the teaching books in a trash can because in 5 years time some person could take that and be sucked into the jw cult but they cant if the book is in a trash can

• freddo
    freddo

Fair enough pepperheart.

How do you go about it? Do you go up to carts in different towns? Do you take a book and ask for a couple for your family?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    Why not try to engage the cart attendant in conversation. A simple question...such as "would you say your open minded about your religion?" See how the react...and take it from there.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

If you saw a bottle of poison on the kerbside would you leave it there,most people would try and put it somewhere safe.I put the teaching books in a trash can because in 5 years time some person could take that and be sucked into the jw cult but they cant if the book is in a trash can

I see you rationale. Carry on then

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I find it hard to understand how you got so many book without running into the same publishers times and again. I'm guessing this is in London and you may come across a couple of dozen different carts, but even so, you'd think you'd start running into the same Witnesses at a certain point.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The trouble is these books are not like a bottle of poison that if you get rid of it then the toxic is gone. Every book you take will be replaced, always. In fact, in taking so many books, and giving encouragement to the JWs who are otherwise bored out their wits, you run the risk that they set up more carts and place more literature as a result.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit