District Convention: Give God Glory

by Nickey 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Emma
    Emma

It's amazing that the program hasn't changed inthe seven or so years I've been away. And I used to be excited at getting the program. How do they keep people coming back for twenty years?

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

Emma,

It's all the glossy new publications with their new paper smell. So addictive!

• Swan
    Swan

This is the first one of these I have seen in 10 years! It hasn't changed! I'm so glad I don't have to go, sit in those cramped stadium seats, and suffer through it any longer!

I was really feeling down yesterday, but this has really made my day today. It's good to stop, take stock, and count your blessings every once in a while. I am so happy not to be going! Thank you for posting this!

Tammy

• JeffT
    JeffT

About half way through that I woke up when my head hit the desk. I can't imagine sitting there for three days pretending I'm interested.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

And to think I used to be the kind of person that would get excited if I got to see the program ahead of time, although I'd feel guilty about sneaking a peek...

Sheesh, I want to go to a better assembly! District Overbeer, you must put together a convention program worthy of a District Apostafest! How about a symposium on female swimwear v. skinny dipping, with a bonus round of Vaseline wrestling?

CZAR

• Swan
    Swan

Notice how the symposium has become a common element in assembly programs in the last 30 years. This is because the WTBTS discovered that changing the speakers more often helped wake up the audience! At the same time it gave more elders a chance to be on the stage and look important.

But I don't understand how a publishing corporation smart enough to figure that out, isn't smart enough to know how to write the word DRAMA in lowercase?

Tammy

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* They don't even know the meaning of symposium. If they did jesus might have to be there to turn the shast cola into wine...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• shamus
    shamus

Loved your comments! Hilarious!!!

• blondie
    blondie
    Notice how the symposium has become a common element in assembly programs in the last 30 years. This is because the WTBTS discovered that changing the speakers more often helped wake up the audience!

Tammy, it helped wake up the speakers too.

Blondie

• frogit
    frogit

Glad I'm not going

frogit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit