The Danger of Settlements

by Tech49 182 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I will say though that they do break laws

But if you have legislation that shows that wt has violated US law show it.

US Legislation please.

an organization that creates an environment where so many children get hurt. Why fisherman, why?

I disagree with your feelings about wt environment.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Fisherman - "I disagree with your feelings about WT environment."

That's just 'cause you haven't had any kids in your family who've been hurt by said environment (that you know of).

Ten bucks says you'd change your tune if the problem hit closer to home.

'Cause frankly, if you didn't, you'd deserve the WT.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

That's just 'cause you haven't had any kids in your family who've been hurt by said environment.

No, it is because I disagree that wt environment is dangerous for children. And if you are saying that children are in danger of getting hurt in wt environment which is what I think that you are saying, I challenge you to prove it.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Regardless of whether or not they've broken laws (what you seem to only be concerned with, and, BTW, I suspect they have broken)

If you are saying that wt has broken US laws,what laws do you suspect that wt has broken?.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Fisherman: No, it is because I disagree that wt environment is dangerous for children. And if you are saying that children are in danger of getting hurt in wt environment which is what I think that you are saying, I challenge you to prove it.

You are not that stupid. You absolutely can't be. 13 years in and you've never heard of the two witness rule, the discouraging of taking matters of sexual abuse to the proper authorities, a little thing called the Australian Royal Commission, or seen people's personal stories of going to the elders and being ignored? The Fessler case recently is just another example of someone that was abused and the victim was punished why the offender didn't receive punishment until the proper authorities stepped in because your child molester protecting friends in your organization did nothing but blame the victim. You make excuses while children are raped and their abusers run free in an organization that won't even comply with mandatory reporting laws.

Why do you make excuses for those that protect child molesters fisherman? Why do you care more about legal technicalities than children?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

an organization that creates an environment where so many children get hurt.

Show evidence.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

dubstepped, you post remarks about me and a lot of your colorful feelings. How about posting facts for a change?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I posted lots of facts there. You just can't handle them. You don't want to see them. You want to protect your organization that protects pedophiles. That's really sad. You know about the ARC. You've been here for 13 years so you've read people's experiences. Yet still you defend the organization and their right to protect pedophiles. You don't answer my questions, so I'm not going to research and pick out specifics. I'm still waiting to find out if you would take blood or not. You see, you like to pick apart things that fit you well, just like the organization that you worship. Sadly, you miss the big picture and all of the harm being done while you defend them, focusing only on technical minutia so that you can feel good about what you do, just like Jehovah's Witnesses, or to get all biblical, "straining out the gnat while gulping down the camel".

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I posted lots of facts there.

Which one?

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

It is interesting as now there is a full Republican congresspeople and more state capitals are being dominated by Republican legislatures there is going to be a bigger push for tort reform. This would effect these cases on child abuse. A major part of these reforms that Republicans like is limiting the award amount for non- economic damages, which would be loss of enjoyment damages or punitive damages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit